Monday, January 18, 2010

Past, Present, Future


Have you thought about what life would be like if you knew each of the next steps. Say you just had a glimpse into the next three months. Not the entire year. What if each of the events to come was set in stone. Since you can’t change the future, would you want to know or would you prefer the ignorance is bliss route? It would certainly be handy if we knew and we could change the future. I could make a movie reference, but I won’t. I was thinking about a short story that would be kind of interesting about fates set in stone.
Bad news Friday: “Morning kids, guess what? Lay offs are here. Let’s do rock-paper-scissors and see who’s the big losers are.” I came within a hairsbreadth of being one of those unlucky people. All right, it didn’t really play out that way. I’m joking, but the hairsbreadth part, that’s true. Options at this juncture? I’m nervously chewing my fingernails or I would if that was one of my bad habits. Needless to say, that didn’t leave much room for relaxing during the weekend. Editing done: 0 words. Writing done: 0 words. Games of solitare won: 4 (and we won’t speak of how many I lost). I’m on a roll. *Mimicking in falsetto voice* Obtain your goal, maintain your course. Uh-huh. I think I’ll rename this blog Tales of the Evil Fortune Cookie.
Got pulled over again. I was speeding. Oddly enough, that wasn’t why he pulled me over. I had a headlight out. I knew that, thanks Officer Obvious. I have an idea, why don’t you change it for me? My weekend was bad enough without your shiny red and blues. Really, troubling a blonde woman who may or may not have been wearing a seatbelt. Yeah, I’m super dangerous. Only to romance heroes and heroines.

No comments:

Post a Comment