Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pondering Children and Blobs


Today I went to a baby shower. Haven’t been to one of those in a coon’s age. It was okay, but it’s always a little awkward to be around people who have children because I don’t have any. They always tell these funny stories about their kids and I’m like, um, my dog did this. It’s a little bit weird when you’re trying to explain how cute you think baby booties will look on your mini aussie. I get a lot of funny looks. Baby showers kind of make me wish I had a baby, but really what would I do with one? Oh, yeah they’re cute when they’re little, but they do grow up. I always feel kind of odd around kids that can have perfectly normal conversations. I mean, things are so different from the way they were when I was growing up. I didn’t have a cell phone until I was 17 for crying out loud and you better believe it didn’t have anything fancy like texting or internet. And knowing how me and Husband are, any offspring we produced would be little hellions for sure. :D Although if the miracle ever does happen, we have names all picked out. I just feel kind of sad because my brother can’t have children and I’m a girl, so our bloodline is pretty much dead. As all you historical romance writers know, the goal was to have heirs. I mean, it’s a big deal to be able to carry on your husband’s line, but what about the woman’s side?
I was informed yesterday that my beloved four-leaf clover tattoo will eventually become a blob. I’m heartbroken. A blob? I paid $85 to eventually have a blob? Here I was worrying about how much it would hurt to have it touched up and now I have to think about the blob. Great. That really put a damper on the possibility of another one. Yeah that’s waaaaaaaay down there on the to-do list now.
Speaking of the clover, I found my first three, that’s right, three, on Thursday afternoon at Husband’s parent’s house. That’s pretty exciting. I should have taken a picture of them. I looked down and there was one staring me right in the face. Not two inches away was another one. Then a few inches to left, a third. Pretty good when I was only goofing off looking for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment