Skip to main content

Theme songs

Admit it. You have one. Some inspiring song that gets you through your writing time. When the world pees in your Post Toasties, this song picks you up. I'll give you my top five if you give me yours.

I found them all on YouTube, but rather than wait for them to load, it's easier to do a link. Looks nicer too.

The Climb - Miley Cyrus
I know, I know. I'm how old? But really, this one jazzes me. I always come back to this one.

Maybe - Sick Puppies
This is a newish song to me. It makes me think that instead of sitting around whinging about how I never get anything edited, maybe I should try.

Firework - Katy Perry
Okay, this one is just the tiniest bit annoying. But I dig the lyric about floating around like plastic bag. Yup.

Get What You Give - New Radicals
Throw back. New Radicals broke up after their first record. Bummer. I love this song even though some of it is kind of weird.

Dare You To Move - Switchfoot
This one is about forgetting the mistakes you made and moving on to try again and be better. Yeah, I could use a little of that.

There are more, obviously, but I can't think of them right now. If I come across any, I'll add them later.

Comments