Friday, February 18, 2011

Idle Hands Do What Now?

Man, I feel like some kind of writer or something. Less than 1500 words away from hitting the 50k mark and I even entered a contest, something I haven't done since early last year. Of course, I still have a long way to go on editing, but I'm already wondering what kind of project to start next.

I made this declaration that I wouldn't write anything new until June except where I need to add words and I did write a short story, so it looks like I'm stuck on the editing train a while longer.

I'm already thinking about NaNoWriMo. This idea popped into my head and it's a lot stranger than anything I've written before, but it might be fun. And last night I was thinking about that *grumble, grumble* historical romance I worked on for two years and finally quit because it was sucking out my soul. I came up with a way to re-write it, make it shorter and try to find an e-book publisher. The plot would be different and I think that's what it needs. Except I cringe whenever I think about it. I also need to go over the first chapter of my first NaNo project, clean it up and get it ready for the ORA contest we sponser in July. No time like the present, right? Busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment