Hey all, it's that time again! Time for the annual Weta Nichols Writing Contest. You can enter. Yes, you! You should enter. What have you got to lose?
Last year I got an honorable mention in the contest. This year, it could be you! (Because I intend to win! Ha!) Here are the deets. Follow the link to register and submit your entry.
The 2011 Weta Nichols Writing Contest
Deadline May 16th, 2011. Any manuscripts received after that will be disqualified.
Please read guidelines carefully and fill out the electronic entry form at the bottom of this page when submitting.
-After completing the entry form below and paying the entry fee through the PayPal account, submit the first ten pages of your unfinished or finished novel (no short stories please) to OzarksRomanceAuthors@gmail.com.
-You do not have to be an ORA member to enter the contest.
- Send as an attachment in .doc format with one inch margins all around, double spaced, in 12 pitch Times New Roman font.
- Please send the first ten pages only, and no less than 7 pages. Stories should be previously unpublished and can be any genre, romance, sci-fi, mystery, etc.
- Your name should only appear on the entry form below and your cover page. Also on the cover page, please put your contact information, the name of your submission and the genre.
-In the header of each page of your submission, the title of your story and the page number should appear. The story title in the top left and pg. number in top right.
- Please send $10.00 per entry. Your entry payment will be made by using the PayPal button below, you do not have to have a PayPal account to make your payment this way.
- You may submit up to 5 entries. Each story will receive judges comments. If you do not want to get judges comments, please specify on your entry form or cover sheet. If not specified, it will be assumed you want comments.
- Final round winners will be judged by a publishing panel.
-Prizes are as follows:
1st place $100; 2nd place $50; 3rd place $25
To enter visit http://www.ozarksromanceauthors.com to find the PayPal form and the submission form.
Also, don't forget to sign up for annual conference as well. You won't be sorry!