Skip to main content

Monday Morning Musing

Sorry, I don't have any SIFWIW news. I didn't do anything but sit around all weekend watching movies, looking at pictures of cats with funny captions and trying to turn my brain into gel. It either didn't work or it's already so gelatinous that it didn't matter.

I'm here today because I always post on Monday unless it's a holiday. I don't have to tell you that. Not that I particularly wanted to get up because I worked so hard editing last night that when I finally went to bed, my arms and hands tingled and wouldn't let me sleep and now I'm so tired I might as well be a zombie. Wait--that's unusual how? It's Monday, after all. I just wish I had a donut. I think I could really make it through today if I had a donut.

I forged through a round of edits, highlighted some spots in the MS where I need to add a few details. I'm getting there. I'm a little alarmed at some of the things I did wrong (particularly where I made one word into two and the frequency with which that happened, i.e. collarbone, shirtfront. Where was my brain?), but hell, it's been a long time since I had any real editing classes. Erm, I might actually read an editing book sometime.

I have a list of houses taking submissions and maybe around the first of the year I'll start that up again. Seems I have a NaNo project to finish as well. So I lost. Meh. Them's the breaks. It's halfway finished anyhow.

I don't have anything important to say, but I'll give you this: Don't ask for a light load, but rather a strong back. Someone named Anonymous said that. Smart guy. ;)

Comments

  1. I didn't write a word on any of my stories this weekend. I'm taking a break for a while. Last November I started my first WIP it's now in revisions at 109K, I completed another 85K story to follow it. I wrote three short stories 15k each and one novella 22k - all in a year's time. Plus I have two wip with 25k each both of which will end up at 50K. That doesn't include the three flash stories I wrote and the countless blog posts! I'm takin' a break and that's all I have to say about that.

    Oh...and Happy Monday, A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you stay busy, don't you? Here I thought I was on top of something with editing, writing another novel, writing a short story and blogging three times a week.

    You make me dizzy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to stay positive. I have several things out there in the slush piles. Hoping to hear at the first of the year about them. Just stay strong and remember, you did it once, you can do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment