Skip to main content

It's My Cheesecake Fantasy

I can do all things if I suspect I might get cheesecake out of it.

Seems we've come to another Monday. Well, okay, I guess if we have to. No, I can tolerate it because it's pay day. That means cheesecake in my future. It's only one more Monday until The Treasure Hunter's Lady comes out. I'm sure you all have your calenders marked. I spent this weekend reading it again. That's it, I'm done. No more. Make the madness stop.

I uploaded the .epub file to my e-reader. It looks fantastic. I said so to my husband, who sort of rolled his eyes. I've learned a lot about file conversions this last week. I am happy to share this knowledge, should anyone desire it. I cheerfully accept payment in cheesecake.

I intended to share with you an excerpt of THL, but I went and left my computer at home, so I guess you'll have to wait until later. Gee. May I, instead, offer you a thought about the novel? I thought you'd like that.

At the first of the novel, Abel is confronted by a fortuneteller. He attempts to get out of a palm reading, but she's having none of that. She tells him that he's in great danger and the only thing that can save him is if he finds love. Abel has a line that goes something like this: "Love, danger and despair--almost the perfect fortune, darlin'."

I think that line pretty much sums up the book. It is, first and foremost, a love story. But it has its share of action and adventure to keep things interesting. Counter says 11 days. I'm sweating bullets. I hope it will do for you what it did for me--change your life forever. Even if it's the most unbelievable thing you've ever read and you vow never to write such drivel. I had fun with it. Every one of those 85,000 words which sometimes came grudgingly. I thought writing was the hard part until I got to the editing. I thought editing was the hard part until it came time create a cover. That was really easy compared to formatting. It was a lot of work, but in the end, it's this amazing creature that is a book.

Abel's line kind of sums up how I feel about writing, editing, creating a cover and formatting as well. Lots of love because it's such a goofy story in some ways and the characters are real to me. Danger because I really had no idea what I was getting into. Despair because there were times I thought I'd never get through some parts of this adventure.

A couple of days ago I mentioned I thought the second will probably come easier. I really think that's true. There won't be any of this panicked flailing while I stumble through some formatting that I had no clue about in the first place. I feel like a wizard or something. It's magical.

Also, Katheryn Lane awarded me with the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Aww, that makes me feel all fuzzy inside. You'll want to drop by and visit her and say 'thanks' like I did, for visiting this blog.

And I went for my first walk of the new year yesterday. The weather was gorgeous, but the trail was muddy. My poor shoes are filthy. I enjoyed the fresh air though. Happy Monday! Rest assured, I will be having cheesecake soon. Cheesecake dripping with strawberry sauce. You know, to offset the calories I burned while walking.

Comments

  1. I'm so pumped for you! These 11 days are going to go slow slow--I want Treasure Hunter's Lady on my kindle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Brenda. I think they're gonna go pretty fast. I'm biting my fingernails waiting, but I can just see them flashing by in a blur already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you and I love that picture. I think you could give Brenda Brinkley a run for her money with that one. I too can't wait to download THL. At last I'll get to read more than the first few pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, Brenda Brinkley has some serious talent, with the camera and in her writing. I just used my cell phone camera to take that pic. I didn't even know how awesome it looked until I uploaded it. But it gave me the warm-fuzzies when I looked at it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment