Skip to main content

Monday Morning Mayhem

Well, not really. I just like the word mayhem. It's sinister, but sort of goofy at the same time.

I wasn't here, but I wish I was.
I banned myself from editing/revising The Treasure Hunter's Lady at the end of the week. Too much work and no play makes me bug poop crazy. Right, like I don't ever play. You know I've been busy with things though, so I took the weekend off. I read a couple of books I downloaded to my e-reader, went to a baby shower, ate cake that was supremely excellent and generally ignored my computer. It was nice.

Reading allows me to not think so many days until The Treasure Hunter's Lady comes out. Which I do constantly. I think, I need to do this, this, this and this. It's like a little record playing in my head. I still have one area that needs a little bit of work, but I think I've smoothed the major kinks while at the same time, I'm freaking out about all the little typos I may have missed.

I keep telling myself the next one will be easier. Kind of like having babies? Not that I have any experience there, but I'm sure with a little self-publishing experience under my belt, things will go smoother. I keep telling myself I will learn to write and edit faster. Uh-huh. Sure I will.

I only added about another 1,000 words to The Sky Pirate's Wife and that was done last night. I think it's an interesting scene and it outshines the previous one, so I may end up cutting about 1,000 or a little more. Counter tool says we're at 70%. I cringe at the idea of cutting those words and having to write new ones, but sometimes these things are necessary.

Something deep inside of me believes that The Sky Pirate's Wife might be better than The Treasure Hunter's Lady. Maybe it's a little more serious and the creatures are a little weirder than, yeah, that's right, weirder than an angry serpent, but I guess we'll see. I'm really going to try to finish it this summer and have it out by Fall 2012. They tell me the key to good sales in self-publishing is putting more and more books out there. Which means, that I'll need to get started with the serious writing of The Turncoats Temptress right around the time I start edits/revisions for SPW.

Who's going to be really busy this year? Oh, it's me. But you know what they say. The best laid plans of mice and men, something something something. I'm going to do my best to stay on track though. All this planning makes me nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I'm a go-with-flow kinda girl. Planning scares the tar right out of me. Must... make... goals... must... meet... goals.

Comments

  1. Plans scare the tar out of me too.
    And I agree with what you said about the key to good sales is having lots of books out--I'm going to be furiously working on book 2 in my series too. I need to buckle down and get working.

    The big day is almost here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment