Skip to main content

Author Interview with Brenda Dyer

Hey y'all. We've got Brenda Dyer on the blog today. If you like PNR (and who doesn't?) you're gonna like this interview.



What's your book/current WIP about?
Love's Prophecy is about Mel, a vampire warrior and Breeana a veterinarian and singer--also a human--who come together by a force greater than they could ever imagine. Their love is written in the stars so to speak.
Care to share your favorite line(s) from your story?
Is it okay if it has a swear? Heck, I'm putting it down anyway--or maybe I'll bleep it out. 
“You do this because you love me?” Breeana jumped at Mel, grabbing the front of his shirt, balling it up in her fists. “You break my heart into a million (bleeping) pieces and you have the gall to say you do so because you love me?”
What's your next project?
My next project is writing book two in The Prophecy Series. It is called Prophecy's Child. This is Kal's story.
Describe your writing in a sentence.
Strike when the iron is hot and cry when it's not, LOL. That pretty much sums it up in a sentence. Hey, I made a rhyme, hehehehehe. Hmm, I wonder if I should write you a poem...yeah, I better not. My poetry is garbage.
Do you choose character names or do the characters whisper them in your ears?
Well, I don't want to say they whisper because some people might think I'm weird, but yeah, they do kinda whisper them to me. Does that make me weird? LOL, don't answer that!
Plotter or panster?
Neither. I'm a plotsner--a mixture of them both.
Do you like background noise or do you prefer a quiet space when you write?
Hate background noise with a capital H! I need quiet because I'm easily distracted.
What are you currently reading?
Right now I'm reading Bound By The Mist by Lisa Kumar. And I'm loving it! Oh, and I read Treasure Hunter's Lady and was literally blown AWAY--but you already know that. And for those of you reading this interview and you're looking for something awesome--I mean 5 star review awesome--check out the Treasure Hunter's Lady! Oh, after you check out Love's Prophecy of course, LOL.
What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer it?
I've always wanted to be asked what bug I would choose to be if I had to be turned into one. My answer would have to be a Ladybug because everyone likes Ladybugs and they do a lot of good. Farmers even buy Ladybugs.
People think I'm weird because...
LOL, check the above answer. But more specifically, people think I'm weird because I am weird. I like to make up weird things like how to take over the world. How aliens have teamed up with spiders to take over the world and we have no clue about it--except you and I. But no one will listen. I like to tease people in my real life and my on-line life. I LIKE TO YELL IN RED!
But I'm harmless just strange.
Love's Prophecy blurb: 

Dark warriors of might...
Mel is a vampire warrior sworn to hunt and kill demons in the dark streets of Vancouver. But he's burdened with a new assignment: find the meaning behind the Vampire Prophecy. Having no faith in the gods and their empty words, he believes there's no truth to the ancient legend until he meets Breeana, a human woman who bears the mark of the prophecy and resembles the mysterious woman haunting his dreams. When a vengeful demon spies Breeana in his arms, she is marked for death. He must take her from the world she knows until he can eliminate the threat. But the real danger is the role Breeana must play in fulfilling the prophecy and the intense feelings she brings out in him. Mel is forced to choose between his obligations to his kind, the world, and the woman he loves. Does he have the courage to let the one woman who could heal his wounded heart and soul go, or will he risk her life and bind her to him for all eternity?

Small warriors of light...
Veterinarian, Dr. Breeana Spencer yearns for love and companionship, but the disappointment of failed relationships has left her bitter. She now finds solace in romance novels. But when she meets a mysterious stranger, she's drawn to him by a connection so forceful it shatters all reason, leaving her incapable of resisting him. Yet there's more to him than smoldering good looks and a rock-hard body. As she's drawn deeper into his danger-filled world, she learns she's part of an ancient vampire legend. Breeana fears her future is no longer hers and will not include Mel. As their enemies close in, desperate to destroy them both, she must fight to convince Mel her place is at his side. A life-altering choice is before her—one that will take all her courage and love to make. 


Buy links:
Barnes And Noble: Coming soon

Brenda Dyer lives in the small town of Sooke off the coast of British Columbia with her husband, two teenage boys, and an assortment of animals.
She is a graduate from LongRidge Writers group.
When she isn't writing you can find her out in her gardens or working with her two miniature horses.
Brenda loves to hear from readers.

Where to find Brenda:

Thanks so much for joining me today, Brenda, and showing us your wild side!

Comments

  1. I like the red! Hmm, maybe I should write in red all the time. Think anyone would buy my books if they were written in red?
    LOL, probably not.

    Hey, thanks so much for having me on your blog. And guess what? My book is on sale for .99! Yep, you heard correct. Only ninety nine cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sigh* I still check every day to see if it's come to B&N yet. So far, no sign. But I have no issue buying this awesome book at regular price. Worth every penny and every bit more.

    It has really got me jazzed for reading the next book in the series. At one point I actually had to stop critiquing when I was reading LP and then go back and critique it because I HAD TO KNOW what was going to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, I keep looking at B&N too. should be any day now. I know it has been shipped to B&N.

    I'm jazzed for people to read the next book too. A lot of readers loved Kal. LOL, he is a nut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ladybugs too. Great interview.

    Maggie O'Malley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ladies!

    I own this but still need to read it LOL!

    Congrats on the release.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LIKE TO YELL TOO!! I'm also drawn to the strange and weird. I absolutely loved reading Love's Prophecy and can't WAIT till your next book comes out. Any ideas when that might be? Can you write faster?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview, seems like it was loads of fun to post. Thanks for sharing, both Love's Prophecy and the Treasure Hunter's Lady sound like great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to stop in and let you all know I just made the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever! MMMMMMM, I wish I could share--no I don't--but I don't know how to get them through the computer. They are soooo soooo good.
    LOL, just thought you all would like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You would share with us, because we would all gang up on you if you didn't! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another awesome interview! Writers are weird. Bottom line. That's why we all get along. :)

    A ladybug.....good answer!

    I swear I learn something new about you every day :) It's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brenda...YOU ROCK!

    Congrats on your book...Mel is just way to HAWT :)

    Wish big, dream big and you'll also get your Dyson! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Brenda. I don't think your bug choice is weird. Ladybugs are pretty and very useful.

    Congratulations on the release and I have it on the Nook to read...finally.

    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe it's a Canadian thing - I hate background noise when I write - too easily - what was I talking about?????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interview, Gals! And your cookies sound delicious, Brenda! I like to bake. Lol, but I hate the cleanup.

    BTW, you know I love LP, so I'll try not to say it too many times;) And yes, people (me!) love Kal and want his book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys are all so awesome--and I would definitely share my cookies with you all. Thanks so much for coming by and commenting. You all rock!

    Allison, thank you so much for having me today. I had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment