Monday, February 27, 2012

Stuff I Find While I'm Walking - Crazy Lil' Dog

It's baaack. You know, SIFWIW, because the weather was g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s yesterday. I saddled up PeeWee Chin and we took a jaunt down to Hayes Springs Conservation Area. You might remember that my previous walking partner was a blue heeler named Restless. Well, poor Res met a tragic end when she darted in front of a truck. The general idea behind taking a dog with me to walk is for protection, but as you can see, PeeWee isn't much on size, much less guarding anything. The benefit of taking him on a walk is this dog has boundless energy. I tried to take a video of him acting like a crazy little monster, but it's a well-known fact that I am tech challenged.

There was a big log sitting beside the trail. I put PW on it, backed away from the log, got out the camera and just as I prepared to take the photo--PeeWee doesn't want to play any more. Here's a great shot of his back as he jumped down. Thanks, buddy. He's more than a little camera shy. I actually think it's because we adopted him from an animal control place in 2010 and he fears if I capture his face on the camera, his old owners will find him and take him back. Little PW has some rather strange habits, including pacing, spinning in circles (which Japanese chins are know for when excited, confused, hurt, angry, happy, sad, but he takes it to the extreme) and cowering before strangers. Best guess: He was a breeder, his owners dumped him on the streets and said hasta la vista.

While sitting next to the creek, I was taking a break, but he had a drink of water and apparently its spiked with crack because he went nuts, running, barking, growling, rolling and biting his leash, some dead leaves, some live leaves and a rock. I can never quite figure out what's going on in his head. I wish I was more like him because he finds joy in the simplest of things.


As we carried on, I spotted these, the first daffodils of spring. My husband will argue vehemently that they are Easter lilies. These are daffodils, my friends. Daff-o-dils. The PW didn't seem to realize the beautiful of the first flowers of spring, therefore walking right past them and getting his natty leash in the photo. I suppose I should consider myself lucky he wasn't peeing on them.



Last, but not least, I finally managed to capture the elusive PeeWee Monster with his face semi-pointed toward the camera. It's like capturing Bigfoot, people, I swear.

The weather is supposed to be lovely this week, minus Tuesday because we've got a thunderstorm moving in, but otherwise, it couldn't look better. Ah, sunshine!

Take your e-reader out of doors, settle in your favorite chair and read a book, dang it. Or sit inside and type away, because you have books to write. Or just soak up some rays and mark off another day until spring.

3 comments:

  1. I want to go on one of your walks someday! I had no idea it was so pretty there! Cute pup, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Stuff you find is back. I love this post.
    LOL, PeeWee is a funny dog. How could he have not stopped and looked at he Daffodils? And they are daffodils, lol. Not Easter Lilies. Easter Lilies are white.

    Spring is making an appearance here too--at least it was yesterday. Heard we may get flurries tonight or tomorrow. Grrrrr, I need the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be glad to have some leaves on the trees. Even though it was so nice outside and we were sitting around in lawn chairs most of the weekend, it just didn't look right without leaves. I hope our snow is gone for the year.

    ReplyDelete