Skip to main content

Author Interview with Casea Major




What's your book/current WIP about?

Night with a Dom is my 2nd 1Night Stand story with Decadent Publishing and it releases on March 16th. It's about Jr. Ad Exec whose workaholic tendencies cost her a great guy. After learning of his engagement to a new girlfriend six months after the split, she goes on a 1Night Stand with a Dominate Male who agrees to the last-minute New Year's Eve date.

Care to share your favorite line(s) from your story?

I love this line. Mel is lost in a lust induced haze but Dominic pulls out his leather paddle.

Then she saw the paddle. A lump formed in her throat, and her butt clenched. Heat flooded her cheeks—both sets.

What's your next project?

I am really excited to start working on a Chick Lit paranormal series that has been brewing in my mind for a while. I currently have three books planned. I've never written paranormal but since I haven't really been writing for very long I think that's ok.

The first book in the series is a paranormal Guys and Dolls meets Kindergarten Cop.

The second book is about a warring wizard who must find his witch mate and impregnate her before his people are destroyed. The only problem is she has an evil twin.

Describe your writing in a sentence. 

Steamy romance that cuts to the heart.

Do you choose character names or do the characters whisper them in your ears?

Both. Sometimes the characters names come to me from the story and sometimes from my life.

Plotter or panster?

I'm a hybrid.

Do you like background noise or do you prefer a quiet space when you write?

Quiet space. I like mood music when I revise. And I use music to inspire the story. In fact, I have a play list for every story I write. The longer the story the longer the playlist and sometimes all it takes is a song or a feel of a song to inspire a story.

What are you currently reading?

How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf

What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer it?

I've always wanted to be asked "What's your name?" Because most days I know the answer to that question. LOL

People think I'm weird because...

Because I eat mustard on popcorn.

Book blurb:

On New Year's Eve workaholic Melody Manning is informed by her ex he's getting married. Devastated by the news, she blames the slave-driver tactics of her former boss for her break up.
To release the heartbreak and provide herself with some much needed stress relief, she enlists the help of an exclusive matching agency specializing in one-night stands.
At the Castillo Resort and Winery in Sonoma Valley, Mel meets the mysterious Dom who has agreed to the last minute rendezvous. The sexy masked Master promises to get to the bottom of Mel's guilt and provide ultimate satisfaction under the safety of his stern hand.
After an emotional night of submission and uninhibited passion, will her lover's unmasking lead to the end of their encounter or give Mel another chance at love?

About Casea:
Major Love ~~~ Major Romance
Prior to becoming a writer of romantic fiction, Casea Major worked in the legal field for a non-profit dispute resolution company for ten years.  She is now a full-time mom to three preschool children with whom she and her husband live happily...most of the time.  When she isn't chained to her laptop, she enjoys Cary Grant movies and crocheting.



Your new release looks hot! Thanks for coming by, Casea! 

Comments

  1. Mustard on popcorn...hmmm, that's a new one. I love mustard so I might have to try it, lol. Fun interview, ladies! Thanks for sharing. Book sounds delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL..mustard on popcorn? LOL, oh man, now that is weird!
    Whooweee, I thought I was weird, but mustard on popcorn....LOL.

    Sorry, I was just joking--but it is weird. But what's weirder is I'm going to have to try it.

    I'm looking forward to NWAD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? Mustard on popcorn? I'm really looking forward to this book.

    Marika

    BTW, great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried ketchup on my popcorn...

    I've read another book in the 1NS series and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! Your newest 1NS story sounds super steamy!

    Mustard on popcorn? Lol, I think I might have to try it sometime. I love to dip french fries in honey mustard, so I just might like popcorn with mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific interview, ladies. Oh, and I like mustard, and I like popcorn. But the marriage...ummm...gotta give that some real thought LOL.

    Good luck with your "Dom", Casea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for having me, Allison! I was a fun day here at HaveNovel!

    And look I finally figured out how to appease Blogger - I signed up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment