Skip to main content

The Friday Five - My Top Music Picks For Rockin' Out In Spring Weather

Sorry to burden you with the long title. Earlier in the week, the weather was just fantastic and it's supposed to be again in the middle of next week. I, of course, was stuck inside and will be stuck inside because I'm a desk jockey, but I got to enjoy rolling the windows down on my way home. And when the weather is warm enough to roll the windows down, that means it's time to jam out!

I used to have  a Mustang, a fact that I mention on my blog more than once. I loved that car even more than I love pie. I've never looked as cool with my windows down and my music blasting as I did in that car. But you know what else I love? Springtime. I get so excited for the spring weather, it's like I want to crawl out of my cave, shake off my winter fur and skip through meadows filled with wildflowers. Minus the bees.

I no longer have the Mustang, tragically. But I still have car windows and I still love music. So here are my top five blast it out the windows, sing along in a bad imitation, drivin' down the road slightly above the speed limit favorite songs:

#1) Beautiful Day - U2

#2) The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy

#3) Big Time - Big & Rich

#4) Some Beach - Blake Shelton

#5) It's a toss up between No Shoes No Shirt No Problem by Kenny Chesney and Toes by the Zac Brown Band (which kind of sounds like fetish song if you over think things like I do).

Some of my runners up are:
Where The Green Grass Grows - Tim McGraw
Fishing In The Dark - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Hey Soul Sister- Train
Gonna Soak Up The Sun - Sheryl Crow
Rhythm of Love - Plain White Tees

Oh, yeah. I'm missin' me some summer now. I want my flip flops. :(

Have a good weekend, y'all. We'll see you Monday!

P.S. The Treasure Hunter's Lady is 99 cents. You can get it at Amazon or B&N. It's not even the poor man's version (you know like a B-movie) or pirated and with the names changed and the plot all funny. It's the same great characters and plot at a low, low, low price. That's like getting a 4-star steak dinner for a buck. Seriously.

P.P.S. Romy (the heroine from THL, duh) did an interview at Mia's Desk. You can check it out here. She always thinks I was trying to kill her. Why would I do something as mean as that? It was Abel I was trying to. . . oh, I almost gave away the plot!


Comments

  1. Great music list...I love to listen to music while I write..Sorry about the car....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cranking tunes in my car--turning up the bass so the windows shake. I love bass. The thump, thimp, thump, coursing through my body. Man, I can hardly wait for nice weather so I can crank my fav tunes, like: Disturbed(any of their songs), Seether--again, anything from them, but Fake It is an awesome, edgy tune. Use to love Nickelback--their older stuff, not too thrilled with their newer...crap. My list of cranking tunes is long so I'll stop here--oh, can't forget Metallica's Enter Sandman!

    I stopped by Romy's interview!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment