Friday, April 27, 2012

Oh, My Hero! Blog Hop Featuring Abel Courte

Hey, y'all. We have a lot going on on the blog today. We have my blog hop (go on over, enter to win prizes, it'll be fantastic) and a special interview with one of my favorite heroes (oh, who am I kidding, I love all my heroes), Abel Courte. I'm going to turn the blog over to him and let him answer a few questions. Have at it, Abel.

Abel: *Stares at the keyboard, inspects the monitor, pushing the mouse around, mumbles* So, this Intersnare thing is like a 'gram machine, right? How hard can it be?

Me: Um, that's Internet. It's way different than a telegram machine. Instead of just sending and receiving messages, you can see pictures and update your Face--never mind.

Abel: *Looks up and grins* I was just testin' you, darlin'.

Me: Riiiight. Well, go to it then.

Abel: No problem. Watch this. *Black screen of death. Awkward shuffling in the background:* Ah, maybe you can type, Allison, and I'll just dictate.

Me *restarts computer* Good idea. You just stand there and look pretty. Save the heroics for the novel.

Abel: Let's don't mention this to Romy, okay?

Me: No problem. Well go on, tell everyone something about yourself.

Abel: Well, I'm the hero from The Treasure Hunter's Lady, a steampunk romance novel set in 1884. It's funny, because I'm not a treasure hunter, although denying it seems to make me look guiltier for some reason. It's life or death, I had to go looking for what everyone else calls treasure. Me, I call it a pain in the posterior. I'm a Texas boy, born and raised in San Antonio by my uncle. I hate airships, snakes, and rich people who think money makes them better than the rest of us. I love sharing the pages of the novel with my heroine, Romy Farrington, dancing with her, even if it is one of those silly waltzes society is so fond of, and my family is the most important thing in the world to me.


1. How would you describe yourself in one word?
Tenacious.

2. How would you describe your heroine?
Aha! No one specified that one word rule. Romy's a firecracker. She was born in England, but traveled all over the world with her daddy, my uncle's old friend. It's probably a good thing we didn't meet up until we did because we'd have caused all sorts of trouble. Then again, it might have prevented a misunderstanding or two . . . .


3. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely. I knew the minute I saw her red curls I was a goner. I kissed her within the first five minutes of making her acquaintance.




4. Are you a morning or a night person and why?
A night person. There's something to be said for sunrises, but when that big old moon is shining and the stars are dotting the blackness and there's a summer breeze blowing, it's just right for sitting out on the porch with your loved one and sneaking a kiss or two.


5. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
World peace.

Me *hisses*: Abel, answer the question seriously!

Abel: What? Those beauty pageants ladies always say world peace. I saw it on your magic talking picture box. The . . . what do you call it . . . TP?


Me: TV. T-V. But these are your wishes, not Miss America's wishes.


Abel: Right. Okay, then. *mutters* But they kind of have a point about world peace. First, to always have my feet planted firmly on the ground--with the exception of if I'm riding or in bed. I hate airships, I hate air travel. Hate. It. Number two, a nice normal life where nothing strange happens. Ever. *Eyeballs his writer* And last, it would be really nice to have a happily-ever-after instead of that happily-for-now stuff you pulled, lady. Is that too much to ask? A wedding band and a nice little house with Romy at my side. Maybe you can write us into the third book in  your series and mention that little bit of glitter on her finger, huh?


Me: Um, we'll see. Thanks for coming by Abel, sorry about the discomfort I caused you and Romy during The Treasure Hunter's Lady. Just bear in mind that you're not getting it any worse than the other characters in the series. Say good-bye now.


Abel *charming smile*: You're right, I've left Romy alone too long. There's no telling what sort of mischief, uh, adventures she'll get into without me.


Happy Friday, everyone!



16 comments:

  1. This book sounds like it's going to be good! Abel sounds like he was a fun character to write, thanks for giving us a chance to know him better.

    Romy's a lucky lady!

    kakuchouakisame_19@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liking Abel! Here's really funny and saracastic and LOVE how he's from 1884 The technology thing was super funny! Thanks for joining our blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his sense of humor. That era is really interesting so now I am really wanting to read this wip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that name...Abel. And the back-and-forth was wonderful. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all these different approaches to the interview. And I love characters from the past interacting with present day. Great entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romy's a firecracker--like that line. Treasure hunter in 1884... that sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was fun!
    And he is very, very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abel sounds like a fun guy, and I loved his reaction to a computer and the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI! WELL 2 OUT OF 3 WISHES AIN'T BAD! LOL

    VERY PUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRFECT!!

    linda_bass@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Abel!!!! I love that pic with those pretty blue eyes ***sigh*** Funny interview too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Allison. Howdy, Abel.
    LOL, Abel, I love your sense of humor--here and in the book. What gets me is I get the feeling you are rarely serious, and even if you are serious, I can still feel your humor just under the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bwahahah! Stand there and look pretty! I cracked up at that! Abel sounds great!

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I just discovered you! How exciting! Love the "charming smile". too cute!
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abel and Romy sound wonderful. Great character voice here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed the interview with Abel. It really sounds like Romy can handle him.*winks.
    Thanks for sharing Abel with us.

    Teresa K.
    tcwgrlup41(at)yahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete