Skip to main content

It Is The First Day of June

and so, today, someone will die.

No, I'm joking. Sorry, that was the opening line in The Scorpio Races, only it was November.

But today is the opening day of Camp NaNoWriMo. It's 11:01 am CST as I'm writing this and I have approximately 100 words written. I. Am. Stuck.

I'm that kid the other campers left hanging by her undies on a post down by the boat dock. Enter ye olde massive wedgie. Big ol' writing wedgie. Lovely.

I need to get to the next scene from where I am, but I'm having difficulties getting into the characters' heads. They aren't playing nice.

Yeah, I felt like I didn't have enough stress, so here am, pretending to NaNo. Or rather, writing a blog post bitching about pretending to NaNo because I can't think of any way to move the scene forward. Yup. It's NaNo time.

See you 'round the campfire (where we will be using the previously written 17,000 words to fuel our hot dog and s'mores broiling flames).

Comments

  1. Good luck in NaNo--or as I call it StressO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't even mind if I don't hit 50K, just as long as I get The Turncoat's Temptress really rolling. So I have something to focus on later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment