Skip to main content

The Friday Five - Motivational Songs

I had to get a new TFF logo because when I accidentally deleted all the pictures from my Google account, the TFF logo went too. This one is cooler anyway.

My muse is on vacay. I know I'm not the only one who feels like that. Lousy bum, didn't even ask if I wanted to come.

So when I can't write, I like to think about songs that make me feel like I'm a powerful writing warrior. Granted, most songs aren't about writing. A lot of them are about singers trying to get famous. Well, we can change some words here and there. Here are my top picks for this week (with YouTube links):

1) P.O.D. - Boom
I like this one for it's beat and also because I feel like I can bring something different (oh, I'm "different" all right LOL) to the romance genre. It's the boom.

2) Eminem - Lighters
This one's for you and me, living out our dreams. Yeah. I like that.

3) Tom Petty - Won't Back Down
An oldie, but a goodie. Even when things don't seem to be going my way, I think of Mr. Petty's resolution to stand firm.

4) Gym Class Heroes - The Fighter
If you fall, pick yourself up off the floor. And when your bones can't take no more, just remember what you're here for.

5) New Radicals - Get What You Give
This one is an old standby, one of my very favorites and it always comes to mind when I need a lift. They got you down on your knees, so polite you're busy still saying please. That lines makes me think of agents and publishers who us poor authors practically beg to see our stuff. This whole damn world can fall apart, it'll be okay, follow your heart. Mmm, I LOVE this song.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this list. Lord knows I need inspiration. Maybe I should try one of these tunes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment