Thursday, July 12, 2012

God Made a Raccoon Fry the Transformer So I Would Get Something Done

It was like this, only with no lanterns/candles because
I'm the proud peon with a window in my office. And
my ereader has a backlight.
Yesterday we had a power outage for most of the morning because, no joke, a raccoon fried a transformer. The lights came back on right after lunch. The lunch where I ate some stale Doritos that had been in my car (it's not like I was picking them off the floor or the seat. Eeeww) because I couldn't use the microwave and the restaurant around the corner couldn't cook food.

But with the computers down, I had time to read. Ooo, ooo, what did I read?

I read The Sky Pirate's Wife from start to finish. I highlighted and noted on my e-reader. My heart was warmed and touched by my characters. Um, yeah, I think it's okay for me to say that. When I got to the end of the book, I thought about how great these characters are. Most of the stuff I highlighted and noted was human error, things like that blankety-blank Oxford comma (oh, how I hate you), and a phrase here and there.

Dear Stan Lee/Marvel,
please don't sue me for
misrepresentation of the Thor
character. I heart you. Also, admit it,
I make that uniform look awesome. And
we all know the pen is mightier than
the sword, which is only mighty
because of the hammer which 
erased from this photo, so therefore I win.
Looking back at last month, recalling the horrible panic that set in when I knew I couldn't have SPW ready for e-readers, I'm going: Ha ha, silly child! Mighty and powerful Allison has this under control.

I've added a scene or two. Bulked up (I hope) some of the weaker scenes. I formatted last night, added the copyright gibberish, a dedication page (I haven't actually dedicated SPW to anyone though, it's just there for when I decide to dedicate), and added my author bio to the back. It a word, the format is perfect.

Okay, it probably isn't  perfect, but it shore is purty. Unlike my head altered to fit the Thor body. I'm kind of impressed with my own skill though. It only took me like 20 minutes to do that. And it wouldn't be the first time I've been mistaken for a man. No, seriously. I tend to think of myself as a handsome woman, but that's a whole different post.
Moving on and back to writing.

I'm toying with new release dates, because I'd more or less talked myself into September. Last night I was thinking about August, but no August dates really jump out at me. So I'm thinking about randomly picking a date. Yes, the world needs a random pick-a-date widget. I'm thinking about a Tuesday because a lot of things come out on Tuesdays.

Last night I hit 61k on The Turncoat's Temptress, which means it's 76% finished. These last twenty thousand words should be a piece of cake (except because I just said that, they will be the hardest words to write EVER. It's a scientific fact that when I say piece of cake, whatever I'm doing gets really hard. I have proof). I still have a lot of work to do there, and I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do after it's finished (nothing, ha ha ha, not a damned thing for like two weeks!).

1 comment:

  1. I'm so damn impressed--and excited. You absolutely rock!

    ReplyDelete