Skip to main content

Author Interview - Carrie Ann Ryan



As part of the Dust of My Wings Tour we have author Carrie Ann Ryan on the blog today. Big hand, everybody! 

Hi! Thank you so much for having me and my latest book, Dust of My Wings, here!

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

I think its keeping your mind open to the possibilities of anything. Lily and Shade are as different as you can be. Shade is a 1000-year old warrior angel who would do anything to protect his brethren, while Lily is a human who doesn’t believe in the unbelievable. I want readers to fall in love with my characters, but really, don’t we all? LOL I’m introducing my readers to a group of seven human women, who after a shocking encounter, may not be as human as we thought. I want readers to believe in the unbelievable and fall in love.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

One that I know personally is Rebecca Royce, she gave me that final push to start writing and figure out what was going on with the voices in my head. But beyond that, an author I look up to and admire is Nalini Singh. Her world building and descriptions are so vivid, I’m in awe.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your first book?

Not really. Though I’d like to have made my first book, An Alpha’s Path, a full novel, rather than a novella, that wasn’t the story that Mel and Kade had wanted to say. I’m happy with what I have out there, and from what they’ve told me, so have most of my readers.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

I have a few in the book. I mean, for the first time I got to write about angels and flying! Also, since Dust of My Wings is the first book in the Dante’s Circle series, I got to open up a whole new supernatural world. But I think my first favorite part of the story is in the beginning at the bar, Dante’s Circle, where all seven of my women are having a drink and talking. I really got to see and give a glimpse of each of my girls’ personalities and what their stories could be! I’m excited!

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That my characters control me more than I thought! My characters build my world more than I can, and I thank them for it.

Have ever considered writing a different genre than paranormal?

Yes! I’m currently writing 4 (O_o) paranormal series right now, but I think my 6th series will be a contemporary. I need to finish up a few of my current ones before I start on that one. But I do have an idea of the family I’ll be writing about.

Do you prefer writing humor or action in your books?

It used to be sarcasm for me, but I’m starting to like to write more and more action as I go on. I think the more I write the more I’m finding myself changing and having fun with it.


Blurb:
Humans aren’t as alone as they choose to believe. Every human possesses a trait of supernatural that lays dormant within their genetic make-up. Centuries of diluting and breeding have allowed humans to think they are alone and untouched by magic. But what happens when something changes?


Neat freak lab tech, Lily Banner lives her life as any ordinary human. She’s dedicated to her work and loves to hang out with her friends at Dante’s Circle, their local bar. When she discovers a strange blue dust at work she meets a handsome stranger holding secrets – and maybe her heart. But after a close call with a thunderstorm, she may not be as ordinary as she thinks.

Shade Griffin is a warrior angel sent to Earth to protect the supernaturals’ secrets. One problem, he can’t stop leaving dust in odd places around town. Now he has to find every ounce of his dust and keep the presence of the supernatural a secret. But after a close encounter with a sexy lab tech and a lightning quick connection, his millennia old loyalties may shift and he could lose more than just his wings in the chaos.


Blurb:
Lily huffed out a breath and placed another tile. “I don’t hate my job, exactly. It’s just not that big of a deal.” She gave a triumphant smile. “And I win.”

Shade looked into her eyes and groaned. Damn, she was sexy when she looked so confident.

“Indeed you did. Congratulations, Lily.” Now for the part that could hurt them both. “How about I buy you a cup of coffee as your winnings?”

Lily looked taken aback, but Shade didn’t budge. He needed to know exactly what she knew about this dust. Breaking into her lab and stealing it would do nothing if the die were already cast.

“Oh, you don’t have to do that. In fact, I really don’t even know you, so I can’t. But thank you.”

She gathered the tiles quickly and started to stand up, but Shade touched her wrist. She jumped, knocking a few tiles back on the table. A jolt of electricity ricocheted through his arm and they both gasped. His erection pressed against the zipper of his jeans and he groaned, but he didn’t let go. Lily’s breath quickened and her pupils dilated. Her strawberry scent wrapped around him like velvet, intoxicating.

Buy it: Amazon || Barnes and Noble || ARe

About the author:
Carrie Ann Ryan is a bestselling paranormal and contemporary romance author. After spending too much time behind a lab bench, she decided to dive into the romance world and find her werewolf mate - even if its just in her books. Happy endings are always near - even if you have to get over the challenges of falling in love first.

Her first book, An Alpha's Path, is the first in her Redwood Pack series. She's also an avid reader and lover of romance and fiction novels. She loves meeting new authors and new worlds. Any recommendations you have are appreciated. Carrie Ann lives in New England with her husband and two kittens.

Carrie Ann loves hearing from readers. You can find her at:
Website: http://www.carrieannryan.com/
Blog: http://carrieannryan.blogspot.com/
Heartthrob Haven: http://heartthrobhaven.blogspot.com/
Facebook Author Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carrie-Ann-Ryans-Author-Page/
243643205647654
Facebook Friend: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002584098860
Goodreads |: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5360266.Carrie_Ann_Ryan
Twitter: @CarrieAnnRyan
Tumblr : http://carrieannryan.tumblr.com/


Bonus:
Carrie Ann will be awarding Dust of my Wings "swag" packs to one commenter at ever stop, a $25 Amazon GC and necklace (pictured to the left) to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour and a $10 Amazon GC to the host with the most comments (excluding the author's and the host's).

Comments

  1. I love the idea that the supernatural exist alongside us. How cool.looking forward to reading about Shade

    Wolphcall(at)bellsouth(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing to learn how your characters got ahold of you!

    vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think thats a great message for your book! great interview and book sounds awesome.
    nightsky1102 at gmail dot com
    ~Alisia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great interview. The book sounds amazing. Can't wait to read it.
    denise.gardner69@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful interview you two.
    Man, I so agree with what you said about your characters control you more than you thought. Mine too and it can be a pain.

    brenda_dyer212@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the interview!! Cant wait to get it in print!

    Miriam.whitewolf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh loved the excerpt! Great interview!

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic interveiw, ladies... loved the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice interview.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angels are a favorite of mine, so I am looking forward to reading DUST OF MY WINGS.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popping in to say HI and sorry I missed visiting with you on party day! Hope you all had a good time!

    kareninnc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment