Skip to main content

Author Interview - D'Ann Lindun

I am so pleased to bring you my guest today! D'Ann is one of my critique partners and she is super talented! I got the opportunity to beta read her newest release, Shot Through The Heart and it is wonderful!

What's your book/current WIP about?
 A woman on the run from her brother, who is trying to kill her, and the cowboy who comes to her reluctant rescue.

Care to share your favorite line(s) from your story?
No, I’ll let you read it and see which lines you like best for yourself.

What's your next project?
Published is Vaquero, coming out on September 4th.  Unpublished, I’m bouncing between three projects. Two longer single titles and a shorter suspense.

Describe your writing in a sentence. 
Contemporary western suspense.

Do you choose character names or do the characters whisper them in your ears?
They whisper.  Last night, the name Cortez kept repeating in my head. I know who it belongs to, but that book is about six away, so Mr. Cortez is going to have to wait.

Plotter or panster?
Panster all the way. I see a scene in my head, kind of like a movie, then I figure it out from there.

Do you like background noise or do you prefer a quiet space when you write? 
Either. Today, it’s quiet. Sometimes I listen to one CD over and over. I kind of tune it out though.

What are you currently reading? 
A Linda Howard, Prey. I want to be her when I grow up!

What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer it?
My mind is a complete blank. I don’t know.

People think I'm weird because... 
I am!  LOL


Blurb:
When Laramie Porter’s sister-in-law Julie is beaten so badly by her husband she miscarries her baby, Laramie takes her home from the hospital. But just a few minutes after the women arrive home, Julie’s husband, who also happens to be a drug addict and the local police sheriff, shows up at the house on a murderous rampage.
He kills Julie and attempts to murder Laramie. When he doesn’t succeed, he hauls them into the mountains and throws them off a cliff. Julie’s body lands in a pond, but Laramie hits a ledge, where she perches, terrified.
Derrick Garrison is in the mountains moving his cattle when his dog finds Julie’s body in the pond. Creeped out, Derrick at first doesn’t believe his ears when he hears a girl crying for help. But he finds Laramie and pulls her to safety. Before she can tell him anything, a lightning strike starts a forest fire and they flee to a hidden valley.
Fleeing a drug hazed killer, the fire, and a gun-toting old lady bent on collecting a reward, Laramie and Derrick do their best to evade all three . . . and fall in love along the way.

Buy it at:
Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Crimson Romance


Bio:
Falling in love with romance novels the summer before sixth grade, D’Ann Lindun never thought about writing one until many years later when she took a how-to class at her local college. She was hooked! She began writing and never looked back. Romance appeals to her because there's just something so satisfying about writing a book guaranteed to have a happy ending. D’Ann’s particular favorites usually feature cowboys and the women who love them. This is probably because she draws inspiration from the area where she lives, Western Colorado, her husband of twenty-nine years and their daughter. Composites of their small farm, herd of horses, five Australian shepherds, a Queensland heeler, eight ducks and cats of every shape and color often show up in her stories!

Websites:
http://dlindunauthor.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/DLindunAuthor

And check out her debut novel from Crimson Romance, Wild Horses!
http://www.crimsonromance.com 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Horses-ebook/dp/B008195GUQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1336498540&sr=1-1
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/331523527
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/wild-horses/id523130187?mt=11&ls=1



Comments

  1. Thanks for having me today, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cortez!! I *need* to know about Cortez!!! Just bought STTH, D'Ann, can't wait to dive in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...that was a fun interview....and I loved the answer you gave to the question:

    Please think I'm weird because...

    Congrats on your latest release...loved the blurb! You are such a talented author D'Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMBO...okay, I'm 1/2 asleep still...not the questions PLEASE think I'm weird but the question PEOPLE think I'm weird because!

    Sorry...some days I shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely interview. Congratulations on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the release of your fantastic new book. I wish you many many sales. This book is awesome. A story sure to keep you on the edge of your seat with romance and adventure.

    Congratulations again,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes on your latest release, D'Ann! I've loved each of your books and can't wait to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I'm a weirdo too! Then again we are both writers :-)
    Great interview! You're such an amazing writer!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview, ladies. And D -- Happy sales to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL...LOL..LOL, love your answer to: People think I'm weird because...LOL, awesome answer.

    Super congrats on your latest release. The cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new novel! Excellent interview.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new novel. That sounds like very difficult subject matter and I'm sure you handle it well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations D'Ann!!!! Great interview! Happy sales! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh. Cortez. Intriguing. Can't wait to hear about him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interview, ladies! Congratulations on the new release, D'Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice interview, D'Ann. Best wishes with Shot Through the Heart!
    -R.T. Wolfe
    www.rtwolfe.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great interview, ladies! Congrats on the new release, D'Ann. I can't wait to read it. I know it'll be an awesome already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review. Can't wait to see who the name Cortez belongs to. I love the Shot Through the Heart cover.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY RELEASE DAY!!!

    Great interveiw... I don't have a clue how you can jump between projects. Wish I could do that. I could really use that talent right now...LOL

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everyone!
    Thank you so much! My darn computer is freezing up, or I would have thanked each of you individually! Thanks again, Allie, for having me on today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the new cover, D'Ann! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment