Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Author Interview - Jodie Pierce

Morning kids. I have for you another fabulous Wednesday author interview. Meet Jodie Pierce, whose release Demise of the Vampire is ready to jump into your e-readers.


What's your book/current WIP about?
It is the final installment of my Vampire Queen trilogy called Demise of the Vampire Queen. It’s about the potential dethroning of the Vampire Queen.

Care to share your favorite line(s)?
Upon being taken into the Queen’s Kingdom, each student would be “marked” with a bite mark tattoo on the inside of the right bicep. It was as if the Queen herself, personally bit and put her mark on each and every one of them. It was a mark that could never be removed and could never be hidden from others. Even as an adult, the mark would still be present and label you as an outsider in any community you entered.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? 
I always knew there was a ‘cult following’ for the vampire thing but I never knew to what extent. I’m pleasantly surprised at how many people crave these books.

Describe your writing in a sentence.
My writing is heartfelt, passionate and strives to be different.

What's your next project?
I have an old paranormal, erotic, horror short story from a few years ago that I want to dust off and redo some of so it’s longer.

Do you choose character names or do the characters whisper them in your ears?
I chose character names from baby books. I pick a letter and then look through all the names with that letter and find one or two with a meaning that describes my character and then pick the one I like better out of those.

Plotter or panster? 
Plotter

Do you like background noise or do you prefer a quiet space when you write? 
I write in both. If I’m casually writing, music or the tv is good but if I’m struggling and need to concentrate, I need silence.

What are you currently reading?
The Gold Seeker’s Daughter by Deborah Palumbo…one of my favorite authors.

What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer it? “Are the places and their items in your books real?” Yes, I research a lot for my stories.

People think I'm weird because... 
I’m always thinking and talking to myself. I carry around a pad of paper and pen everywhere I go to write down my thoughts for later as they come and go so quickly sometimes.

Blurb:

The Queen is once again ruling her subjects only this time it is a school for the ‘different’ children in Scotland. A school full of vampires, witches, warlocks, elves and fairies, one that is feared and hated by all who attend. A new group of witches and warlocks show up to her gates and cause all kinds of havoc within the school. Vampires and witches are at odds and only a few can see the survival of the school. An ancient lover and the Queen are reunited but at what costs? A new, as well as an old lover unite to attempt to take the Queen off her throne. Will it work? Will the Queen maintain her horrendous rule over the students? Can the spells woven work and change history? All will be told in the end. Coming in November 1st, 2012!


Links:

Website: www.thevampirequeen1.weebly.com

Yahoo!Group: www.groups.yahoo.com/groups/Sink_Your_Fangs_In

Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/user/show/5216941-jodie-pierce

Blog: www.thevampirequeen1.blogspot.com

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jodie-pierce/25/357/b22

Twitter: @vampiregds

SU: http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/thevampirequeen

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jodie.pierce.14

1 comment: