Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Friday Five - I'm Thankful For

Happy Turkey Day, kids!

Today, in honor of the consumption of turkey and too much bread, I'm bringing you the five things I'm most thankful for. Hint: They're all people. Be quiet, number 4 is as much a people to me as anyone is. He laughs, he cries, he . . . sometimes eats poop, but I don't love him any less.

I'm thankful for:

#1) My husband who isn't afraid to wear a stupid hat in public so I can take a photo and put it on this blog. Granted, that's not a hat, it's a goose decoy. We get along because we're both kah-razy. I don't think he reads the blog either, so maybe he's not truly aware that I'm post photos of him with his head up a goose's . . . erm, business.

#2) My mom who is my writing cheerleader and listens to me complain about all of it. Even though she thinks I should cut the sex scenes. Thanks for listening to me and lending a shoulder to cry on. We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, but who does?


#3) My brother. I don't say it often enough, but I love you. I'm glad you're my brother. And I like it when we go out shopping with mom and she buys us ice cream.

#4) Oh, Petey Turdwhiskers, you handsome masked devil, you. You bounded into our lives in 2010 and left little footprints (and lots and lots of dog hair) on our hearts.








#5) All my writing friends. I'm glad to know you all because you understand what a joy and a simultaneous pain in the ass writing can be. Thanks for being there for me and supporting me.


Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and happy regular (?) day to the rest of you. Sorry you don't get a long weekend. Not that I'm bragging. Okay, I'm bragging. See you guys Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    And I'm thankful for you, lol. I'm thankful for your talent as a writer. I'm thankful for your awesome stories. But I'm most thankful to you for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete