Skip to main content

Time Change & Idiocy

It's heeeerrrreeee. That pesky time change. I feel like I'm running late for work this morning because the sun is so bright. Lovely. Not that I minded getting up later, but it also means lunch will come later and by the time I get home, it'll be mostly dark. I'm fairly certain the time change is all about torturing us and making us crazier in the winter so pharmaceutical companies can sell more anti-crazy pills.

You know me, I hate November.

This face includes both I-hate-time-change/November
and oh-crap-I-can't-believe-I'm-this-dumb looks.
In other news, I was diligently (snort) working on my WIP--yeah, yeah I've been editing The Turncoat's Temptress too--the other day and I very stupidly deleted and/or updated changes that ate my MS. I know, you're thinking oh dear God, this is horrible! I know, I'm turning into quite the mind reader. Well, it's kind of horrible, yes, because I was stealing bits and pieces from that--ugh, do I have to say it?--70,000 word MS to rewrite it. Crap, seriously, I have to rewrite those sex scenes instead of copying and pasting?

I'm going to see what I can do about recovering the file, but I really don't know whether I deleted it or accidently copied and pasted parts of this new one into it and saved it. Um, before you go thinking 70k is a big loss, you have to realize this wasn't my best-ever work and on the whole I was extremely dissatisfied with it, thus the rewrite and I'm already 15k in, so it's progressing. Whether it's better, oh God, I hope so.

In other-other news, I got a new flash drive. It only cost $3.00. What a bargain. I'm enjoying more GBs that ever before. I definitely recommend an upgrade. Also, considering I've had that one since 2009, it was time to move on. That's just asking for trouble. Or maybe I'm still stuck in the days where your whole life turned into a mess because of a 3 1/2 inch floppy.

Bah! Hopefully I'll be able to stop obsessing over the first 50 pages I've written on my renewed WIP and move this thing along. I've been nitpicking it to death. Last time shut up and write didn't work out so well for me, but falling into that editing instead of writing trap is like chewing your own leg off--it's not working either.

Sometimes I think I made a mistake pairing up this particular couple. They're both great as stand alones, but together, I'm iffy. Maybe it stems from her trust issues. Maybe we both had trust issues, because I'm not sure I trust her now. Well, character personality is a whole other blog. Okay, Monday, and characters, let's all play nice.

Photo: © Starush | Stock Free Images & Dreamstime Stock Photos

Comments

  1. I think it's long past time to drop this Daylight Savings nonsense. As some Native American supposedly said, "Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom and have a longer blanket." (Not sure who said that, or whether it's even a real quote.) Maybe it made sense at one time for energy savings, but it's time for it to go.

    Good luck getting your WIP straightened out. Keep plugging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I've heard that quote before. I heard someone say that daylight savings doesn't make a bit of difference anymore. All I can say for so far is that I was a little more willing to get out of bed this morning.

      Delete
  2. I can't stand these time changes. they make no sense except to screw with us. It's a fact there are more car accidents following the time changes.
    Grrrrr, get rid of them!!!

    Onto your WIP and the trap you find yourself snared in...I also have fallen into the edit as you go trap. I tried the just write, but that confused me even more. I found my brain would just blank out, so I went back to the edit as I go crap, but now my writing it sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More car accidents and pedestrian accidents. I hate night driving, so I'll be staying in more until the days start getting longer again.

      Maybe staying in will help me write more. Uh-huh. Yeah, sure it will.

      Delete

Post a Comment