Skip to main content

Mad Recapery

Saturday was our annual Christmas/Holiday Party at ORA. Lots of deliciousness and Christmas gift exchangery (today I'm putting 'ery' at the end of words to make them more fun) went on. As always it was a good time.

With authors T. Sue VerSteeg and Cecily White.
Critique was an excellent part of the day because there was very little to clean up in the chapter I brought from The Turncoat's Temptress. Go me! (Only because I have excellent help at cleaning that one--I'm looking at you, Brenda Dyer.)

After noshing and Dirty Santa gift exchange (which never gets as dirty as you'd think--we're all quite ladylike, in fact) a few of us writers were presented with roses to celebrate our accomplishments this year. I got one for publishing my first book, publishing my second book, and finishing a manuscript.
There were no open containers of alcohol at this party, I swear.

(Note: Blogger went crazy and decided Normal sized font is now small, so you get Large Print for the rest of the entry. Beats me.) I also received one of those glass tile necklaces with my book cover under it that I was talking about from my last post. I have never gotten over the awe I feel when I look at my covers, whether they're tiny or book-sized, on an e-reader, or a computer screen. My photo camera obviously does not take the bestest pictures ever, but there it is, draped across my roses. I put it on when I got home and then I realized I was wearing people practically doing the nasty on my chest. But you know what? I wrote the book, I made the cover, I don't care. I really, really want one with the SPW cover under it. Which leaves me with the same conundrum I would have if I had Keep Calm and Trust (insert hero name) t-shirts. Which one would I wear?

Very tragically, I was struck ill on Saturday night. My second most embarrassing upchuck happened. Riding in my husband's truck down a very busy road, I suddenly decided my dinner salad needed eviction.

The light at the intersection turned red, of course and my stomach parted ways with its contents. The first most embarrassing time? At JC Penney's in the infant section after indulging in a Starbucks Vanilla Creme Frozen Frappucino. I hate puking in public.

My stomach has been a little wonky since then. We drove home and I was pretty much comatose from 8 pm to 9 am when PeeWee insisted he had to go outside. I functioned long enough to get a little Christmas shopping done yesterday. This morning my stomach is: Feed me! Then: Just kidding, don't even think about it.

Of course, I ate half a caramel apple pie for dinner last night (so not getting started off on the right foot for a healthier New Year. In my defense, it said use by 12/03/12 and I didn't want it to go to waste), so it might not be happy for that reason. At least the pie stayed where it was supposed to, unlike that treacherous lettuce.

So there's my weekend. What did you do?

Comments

  1. Wow, you're weekend sounds awesome--minus the barfing. I hate barfing, but in public, that's so much worse. I've done it once and hope to never repeat it. I'm sure the people who saw me puke thought I was a drunken wino with a hangover, but I swear I only had the flu, lol!!!!

    I saw a pic of your necklace on fb and love it. I wish I had one :)

    And for those reading this post. You thought you loved Treasure Hunter's Lady and Sky Pirate's Wife, well wait until you read Turncoat's Temptress. It is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew the people in the car behind us were thinking I must be drunk. I actually turned to my husband after the first round and said, "Best day ever!" then had to lean out the window again.

      Delete
    2. LMAO at your comment to your hubby!!!

      Delete
  2. I hate getting sick. I'm glad the rest of your weekend went well. Congratulations on your books! I dealt with my blog and wrote on the newest WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been times it should have happened, but I was able to hold it back until I reached private bush...or bathroom. I've never puked in public. Been puked ON in public - at a concert. Yes, lovely. Congratulations on your roses - you've achieved quite a bit this past year.

    May 2013 be kind and filled with lots and lots of sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? That was the third time I puked in public. The first time was on a ride at an amusement park. I told my friend I didn't want to ride it, but he insisted and I lost a sundae all over my shoe. Ahh, memories. I feel the need to go brush my teeth again for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment