Friday, December 21, 2012

The Friday Five - Someone's Christmas Spirit Is Lacking

It's not me. It's the dog. I put up the Christmas tree in what my husband swears is the first time in five years. I tried to get PeeWee involved in the merry-making. 

Yes, those are ass-ugly curtains, but they are
super-effective for blocking out the light.
You see, we have the silver tree with purple lights, garnished with some green tinsel stuff and a godawful-ugly star/cross thing on top. I hung my stocking, my husband's, and a green on for PW that you can't see. On a hanger, no less. How inventive was that? I put Festivus Miracle Kitty by the tree and some little dogs that were in the sack with the stockings and the tree skirt.

I told PeeWee to put on his Santa hat and sit politely in front of the tree so I could get a good picture. This is what happened:


He tore the poof ball off the top of his hat in a fit of what I can only compare to a small child who's eaten too much candy. Or maybe it's just because he hates hats. You can tell he's adopted.

Hello? Noms?

That nice Christmas picture I hoped to share with you all? It turned into this:

I'm not looking at the camera. Fa la la la la la la la la.


And this:

I'm laughing at you. 

You see that face? That's the face of a 16 pound (he's added a little weight over the holidays) holy terror! A spinning, barking, biting, Santa hat poof ball destroying terror! He also attacked Festivus Miracle Kitty and tried to tear the hat off of him as well. Festivus Miracle Kitty only wants to bestow happiness and joy on everyone. PeeWee wants . . . well, cheese and a rousing game of rub-my-butt-so-I-can-dig-at-the-bed-and-make-weird-noises.

Like my husband says, I wouldn't take a million dollars for him and I wouldn't give 10 cents for another one just like him. Okay, yes, I would to the second part.

Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine. I hope all your Christmas wishes come true.

See you Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I love your posts. And I love PeeWee.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours too. And a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post. Your tree reminds me of one my grandparents had for a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete