Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Valentine's Quickie

Oh, get your minds out of the gutter.

Just a quick post for V-Day, one of my favorite memories from college.

When I was a sophomore, I got a card in my P.O. box. It was from my parents, all nicely enveloped in a cute pink wrapper. I opened the card and read how it said some nice, sweet things about what a great person I am, you know, like V-Day cards do.

At the bottom of the card it was signed in my dad's handwriting. It said,

Love,
Bobby
Jeannie
Jamie

Not, love Dad, Mom, and Jamie (my brother). Just everyone's first names. I about died laughing. That night I called my parents and since dad was retired, I knew I'd get to talk to him. I told him and Mom that I got my card in the mail. And then I told them that it was signed funny and proceeded to read it.

Mom, of course, laughed. and asked him why he signed it like that. It must have embarrassed him because he was pretty grumpy after that--and if you understood my dad, you'd realize he was seldom grumpy. I still have that card. Looking at it cracks me up.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

A little kiss from me to you!



4 comments:

  1. LOL, aw what a sweet--and funny--V-day memory
    Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda!

    Happy Valentine's to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwww. I can almost feel that kiss. What a photo.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cow slobber is the worst! Brings back a lot of memories of washing calf bottles.

      Delete