Monday, February 11, 2013

Milestones

Still sniffling and snuffling around. I'm not sick, but I'm not 1000% either. So, come on, body. Either be sick or be well, but stop playing in both corners because it's ridiculous.


Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go.
Natalie Goldberg

What the--? Did I just break up a post with a quote? Why, yes. Yes, I did. But . . . why? I'll tell you why.

Guess what yesterday was?


You don't want to guess? Well, that's just rude. Okay, I'll tell you. (Y'all are digging the interactivity of this blog, right?)

It was the 1-year anniversary of the official release date of The Treasure Hunter's Lady. Does it not seem perfectly appropriate then, that I'm working on the 5th book in the series right now? Yes, yes it does. What will I be working on for Camp NaNoWriMo, then? Well, since that's like four months away, let's worry about it then.

There's really not much I can say about having an anniversary. No one remembered and I wasn't flooded with flowers, champagne, and well wishes. Hell, I didn't even remember until 9:30 pm. Oh, right. I knew something awesome happened, but I thought it was PeeWee's adoption day (which was either sometime in the first week of February, the 8th or the 10th).

Oh. Right. That thing.

Where I pushed a button and made a book come to life. That's . . . hunh. I did that.

What was it like?

You want the real answer, or the one that involves unicorn and pots of gold?

You should've picked door #2. It was like needing to puke into a trash can. Seriously.

See? I totally posted that on FB.
I remember that proud day that I actually sold 1 copy in the UK. Okay, I don't, but I found it in my KDP/Amazon records. It was in April. Gosh, the UK. I'm international.

It doesn't seem possible that approximately 352,000 words and one year later, I'm almost finished with the series. By summer 2014 it will all be a distant memory. Forty-five weeks, but who's counting?

3 comments:

  1. I know I've said this before, but I'm really proud of you. You've learned so much that I'll never know (or want to) and you are acting on your dream. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed by what you've accomplished in the last couple of years. Rock on!

    Sharon Keeling Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison, I'm so so proud of you!
    Happy anniversary. And a huge, heartfelt congratulations!

    ReplyDelete