Monday, February 25, 2013

The Iceman Melted-eth, Finally

Well, that was an unscheduled four day weekend.

It consisted of editing, sleeping, munching on unhealthy food, reading,  and watching entirely too much television. They're calling for snow tonight. Oy.

In addition to reducing my brain to slush with TV, I finished Liza O'Connor's Saving Casey, and Bec McMaster's Kiss of Steel. Both great books. The genres differ a lot, but that's me, reading all over the board.

I also managed five hundred words on the new WIP. Funny how my brain begs to write and then when I give and say, yes, brain, you can write another novel, it sort of gives up. Meh. The first meeting between characters is always a little awkward. It'll get better. You can follow the progress and some of my other thoughts about the series on my new blog (which hasn't been updated due to inclement weather--valid excuse!) called Legends & Lovers: The Final Journey. I already have three whacky posts up. I'm about to do another with an excerpt from The Turncoat's Temptress, so you might want to tune in.

In other news, last week I got a new review. A three-star review. With words. Not just a random I-didn't-even-bother-to-comment-because-it-was-so-(insert adjective of choice here)-bad review. The best advice I've heard from authors on reviews that don't tickle you is: Don't feed the crazy. Not meant to imply that the reviewer is crazy, but more along the lines of, it is what it is and there's no sense in starting a big conversation about how disgruntled I may or may not be by it. It's there and it could always be worse. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to even bother with me. I understand the best thing an author can do is nod politely anyway.

In other-other news, I also got a four-star review. That one was a bit more tickling because they don't yank the rating down quite as harshly. So a big nod and smile to that one.

I could ramble on about what it takes for an author (many of whom are introverted--me, me, I am) to put work out there, but that would be boring and pointless.

At any rate, I may find myself sitting at home watching Price is Right, Family Feud, and Deal or No Deal tomorrow while waiting for some character interaction gold.

3 comments:

  1. I was off 4 days too. I got even less writing done than you. I just want to kick myself sometimes. When I'm at work all I want to do is be home and write. When I'm home with nothing to do, I can't seem to bring myself to open up BTH and write. So, don't expect anything from me this Saturday. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, pooh. Bring a chapter we haven't read! *in zombie mode* We want to eat your--I mean, want to read your WIP.

      Delete
  2. Don't you just hate seeing your ratings fall? Drives me crazy. But we have to just shake it off. LOL, I still look at the review I got where the reader said she hoped my heroine got killed-the reader never finished the book, lol.

    ReplyDelete