Skip to main content

I Might've Gone Overboard On The Metaphors

I don't have a Friday Five for you today. To be honest, I didn't even try to come up with anything. I'm busy with other details. The counter on the sidebar says its 45 days until The Turncoat's Temptress releases. I have mixed feelings about this. Not about the number of days, because you can't argue with time. That would be pointless. Sounds like something I would do, but nevertheless . . . pointless.

I'm excited. I still have a lot to do. Working on some guest posts and interviews. Gotta pick an excerpt. Gotta convert the document into a great file for e-readers. Need to set up the works on KDP and PubIt!. I should schedule some facts about the book to go out on Twitter and the G+ page I set up for the series.

I'm also nervous. You'd think with two other books living in the wilds of the Interwebz, I'd cheerfully stuff this one in its cage, drop the cage near its future pack mates, open the hatch and let it run free. Weird metaphor?

I have another one for you.

Lately I've been riding the 5-star review pony and I plan to ride it till its back breaks. Whatever do I mean, and how could I be so cruel? Well, you remember me being less than tickled over that 3-star review. It had some okay things to say about the book, but it ultimately dragged my rating down and appears to have stunted sales a hair. So when the book barrage for The Sky Pirate's Wife rolled around, the reviewers had nothing but nice things to say about it. Well, mostly. Enough to make me feel pretty damn good about where my writing career is wildly careening on the edge of a cliff filled with murky water and crocodiles going.

On the tidal wave of endorphins that flooded my brain Wednesday, I very bravely queried another house with my historical romance. The editorial staff requested the full MS. Uh, awesome? Yes, yes it is. Over the last four years I've suffered from a serious love/hate relationship with that novel. It was the one that bumped me back into writing, but I hid it away because I felt like I couldn't fix those broken characters. I fixed them. Ah, the sweet, slightly burned smell of triumph. Upon reading it again in January, I actually felt that it wasn't as bad as my evil, evil shoulder devils led me to believe. I think I might have a some kind of mental illness that convinces me I'm horrible when maybe I'm not as bad as I suspect. I wonder if they make a pill for that?

Upon reviewing the MS, I thought it would be wonderful to maybe share it with the world. And if the houses I've chosen feel it isn't right for them, well, I'm hardly afraid to add it to the wild, snarling pack of crazy books that are already preening and prowling the self-published section of the Interwebz.

Wait, did this post confuse you as much as it did me? Let me summarize in English.
1) I had some excellent reviews for SPW (and one I forgot about for THL from author S.J. McMillan).
2) I subbed to two houses this month and got requests for full MSs from both.
3) I forgot to mention this because I was metaphoring all over the place: I've been invited to speak about my writing at the Webster County Library on March 19 at 7 pm. You're totally invited to come see me if you can. Other authors there will be Tierney James and Kymberly Cook. I know they'll be there for sure.
4) I was quite pleased with sales over the last two months. Thanks, you guys.

I only thought of four things, so I guess you almost got a Friday Five. Close enough.

Edit: No, no, wait! I've got it! There's still time to enter my giveaway from the BB. So, 5) Just follow this link to enter and you could possibly win a $10 Amazon gift card and a cool steampunk necklace.

Comments

  1. You are without a doubt an incredibly talented author. Your stories are amazing and so are you!
    I'm so thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda. I'm only as incredibly talented as the authors I keep company with. I definitely owe them and you credit for that.

      Delete

Post a Comment