Skip to main content

Author Interview - London Casey

What's your book/current WIP about?
The Boys of DownCrash series is a new adult romance series following the band, DownCrash, and their lives in and out of the band. Each member has some deep seeded demons, and through romance, they face those demons… with plenty of deep drama and real life situations.

What's your next project?
Right now I’m finishing up The Boys of DownCrash series. The third book is due in early July. From there… I’m sort of between two projects. One is a stand alone book and one is another series. Haven’t committed to one just yet.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
How much I really love music. When I write, I listen to music… but writing DownCrash, I really got into music. New sounds. New bands. I’ve been buying MP3’s like crazy during this series!

What sparked your interest in writing romance?
The connection between people and how it happens. How some people can just look at each other and know it. How some can be with a person as a friend for 10 years and then wake up and be in love.  It’s so wild… fun… and unpredictable.

Describe your writing in a sentence.
Fast, crisp, and honest.

Do you choose character names or do the characters whisper them in your ears?
They generally come to me. I battled for any name in DownCrash and when I thought of ‘Tripp’… the rest just followed.

Plotter or panster? 
Panster. I sit, I write.

Do you like background noise or do you prefer a quiet space when you write?
MUSIC. Especially with this series. I needed music to keep it going.

What are you currently reading?
The Bet by Rachel van Dyken

What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview and how would you answer it?
If you could hang out with one member from DownCrash, who would it be and why?
Wow, what a great question! Lol
One member… hhmmm… I would say… Tatum. He’s tall, he’s cool, he’s got piercings. He plays drums. He’s not afraid of anything. And he could play more than one instrument. Would be pretty cool to hang out with.

People think I'm weird because...
I have to have the perfect song to start writing. Without it, I can’t focus and then can’t write.

About the Book:
The Stronger, Safer Kind
(The Boys of DownCrash #1)

All Scarlett wanted to do was thank the sexy stranger who helped her push away a drunk, grabby college boy at a bar. When that stranger identifies himself as Tripp and then takes the stage as the lead singer and guitarist for rock band, DownCrash, everything in Scarlett's life begins to change.

Her best friend, Andy, confesses his love for her and leaves her with what should be an easy decision to make... yet each time she looks in Andy's eyes, she can't help but face her secret, nightmarish past.

The only thing that makes Scarlett feel better is Tripp... but Tripp isn't just a bad boy rockstar, he's hurt. He's in pain. He tries to hide his pain in a bottle, but Scarlett believes that, perhaps, their secrets can help each other.

Friendship and love is suddenly put to the test, and Scarlett is torn... Will she choose an easy, comfortable, happy life or a life clouded with mixed signals, raw emotion, and intense romance?

Get it at Amazon

Visit London on the web:
Twitter - @london_casey

Comments