Friday, May 3, 2013

The Friday Five - It's All About Snow

I know, right? Snow? In May? Well, that's what the weathermen are hollering. What new devilry is this? I mean, I think up north and out west that's a thing, but not in SW Missouri. It just isn't. Not since 1944 and well, that year was whack anyway*. (* Author claims no actual knowledge of whether the year was whack. Author's opinion is purely speculation.)

So today I'm talking five things about snow. Here ya go:



1) Chionophobia is a fear of snow. I don't have a fear of snow, I have an out right loathing for it.

2) 12% of Earth's land mass is covered in ice and snow.

3) Graupel is a type of snow that passes through a cloud with supercooled water. The water clings to the snowflake and makes lumpy little snowballs.

4) It's a myth that Eskimos have over 100 words for snow.

5) According to  the Guinness Book of World Records the largest snowflake recorded was 38 cm wide and 20 cm thick. It was found in Montana in 1887.


I would tell you to go, be, do, but as it's rainy and snowy, stay, snuggle, sleep.

1 comment:

  1. We didn't get any snow this winter. We don't usually get much, but we do usually get one nice snowfall.

    ReplyDelete