Friday, May 31, 2013

The Friday Five - Quotes By Writers For Writers


Because you need a kick in the a-double-s. Or maybe you don't, but I found these quotes and I'm inclined to agree with them. Yeah, even though a couple contradict the others, just like me. Sometimes I'm gung-ho, nose to the grindstone with perfection, and sometimes I'm like, okay, who gives a care if it's crap. Crap can be fixed. Just as long you're doing something, right?

Five quotes. Go!



“Writing a book is a blood sport. If it doesn't hurt when you're done, you're probably doing something wrong.” ― Kevis Hendrickson

“...a writer should not so much write as embroider on paper; the work should be painstaking, laborious.” ― Anton Chekhov

“Keep working. Keep trying. Keep believing. You still might not make it, but at least you gave it your best shot. If you don’t have calluses on your soul, this isn’t for you. Take up knitting instead.” ― David Eddings

“Biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite:
"Fool!" said my muse to me, "look in thy heart, and write.” ― Philip Sidney, Astrophel and Stella

“Writers often torture themselves trying to get the words right. Sometimes you must lower your expectations and just finish it.” ― Don Roff

That said, I should really finish the first book in The Heckmasters series, shouldn't I? I need 16k to finish. Piece of cake, right?

Go, be, do and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Time to lower my expectations and get to work. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete