Skip to main content

The Friday Five - Birthday Facts

Happy Birthday . . . Fish?
Eh, I don't know.
Hmm. Well, it's that time of year again. The one where we talk about how many summers old I am, but I like to pretend I stopped counting at 19. I remember my 19th birthday. Living at college, got home from work (hopefully I took a quick shower because I worked in a place with no AC), changed clothes, went to Olive Garden, played mini-golf with friends. It was fun. I was away skinnier then. I miss my metabolism.

How about today we talk about five things that happened on June 28th? Sound good? Okay, here we go.

Smile, dude, you're KING!
Wikipedia Commons
1) Edward VI was crowned King of England on June 28, 1461. That's 521 years before I was born.

2) June 28, 1776, the Battle of Sullivan's Island was the first American victory in the American Revolution. That's 206 years ago.

3) Thomas Henry Harrison brought information to General Lee that prompted the Battle of Gettysburg during the American Civil War on June 28, 1863. That's 119 years ago.

4) Australian bushranger Ned Kelly was captured at Glenrowan, Victoria, on June 28, 1880. That's 102 years ago.
Diggin' that hair, bro.
Wikipedia commons

5) On June 28, 2007, the bald eagle was removed from the endangered species list. That's 25 years after my birthday. (Which is kind of sad because they're still "threatened". I'm good with them as long as they don't eat my dog.)

Now, unfortunately, I have 8 hours of work to look forward to, but I fully intend afterward, to enjoy a big ol' slice of lemon meringue pie. If sunshine had a flavor, that's what it would be. Pie. That is my huge birthday plan. For your own safety, do not try to get between me and the pie. It won't turn out pretty.

So get outside if the weather is agreeable (or even not) and make some history.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday Allison! Hope you got some pie.

    Cool facts, dude. Seems like you were born on an interesting day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment