Monday, July 29, 2013

Stuff That Baffles Me


You knew it was coming. Yep, a banner for STBM. I mean, why not? There's one for TFF and for In Other News, so there might as well be one here. Okay, here we go. I know you're ready for this week's edition of Stuff That Baffles Me.


Uh-huh. It's a board game. About dog poop. Is this for kids who don't have pets or something? I'm sure it's meant to appeal to young children (it says 4+ on the box) for potty humor reasons. It only has a 3 star rating on Amazon. I just...yeah, my faith in humanity isn't doing very well.

This has been...Stuff That Baffles Me.


I've done a lot of editing recently and I'm pretty sure I'm either going blind, or I just need an eye exam. I'm really hoping it's the latter. I can only stand to look at black letters on white backgrounds for so long before my eyes wander somewhere else because they need color!

Yep, my hummingbirds are still fighting. Fortunately, there haven't been any more attempts on their parts to come into the house.

I added almost 1700 words to my WIP Saturday. I think so bad stuff is about to happen before the good stuff. Guess we'll find out when I find the motivation to go back to it. I've got a round of line edits to do on The Convict & the Cattleman and I just sent the pre-edits off for The Wrong Brother's Bride. I'm trying to work up the nerve to send The Siren's Sentinel off to beta readers. On one hand, I love the story, on the other, I'm not sure I'm ready for the world to see it. I don't know why not. I've had the cover done since forever, it's a great love story. It's just different from the rest of the Legends & Lovers series and it's hard to let something different go.

It's either The Siren's Sentinel or The Heckmasters for release this year, and I really, really don't feel that The Heckmasters is ready, plus I kind of want to keep the first book around until I have most of the second written. Just so I can make sure they mesh up. It's a lesson I learned from publishing a series the first go-round.

Deep breath. I'm making the right decision by sending SS to beta readers. I am. Yes.


1 comment:

  1. LOL, okay, this might not say much about me, but I want to play that Doggie poo game!

    Yes, send SS to your beta readers! Do it!
    Have I ever steered your wrong, lol?

    ReplyDelete