Monday, September 30, 2013

Represent

I got content edits back on The Wrong Brother's Bride last week. So naturally, I took my editor's suggestions and then I ran the whole document one chapter at a time past Anna the Talking Robot. She found some stuff too. Much as I despite listening to Anna's flat monotone and her repeated mispronunciations (the hero's name is August. She's always calling him Oogust. *headdesk*), and her mix-ups when she thinks I've abbreviated island (every time she sees the word 'is' she thinks it's short for island. Ugh!) or when she sees sob. She reads s-o-b, every single time! Which is, on occasion, hilarious. Anna is frustrating, but she's a help, so I guess I have to love her.

Saturday, I dragged my poor husband to Wordfest. We immediately went to the wrong place, because have you met me? I like to make things as complicated as possible. God help us if I ever get where I'm going right the first time. I shared a table with V.J. Schultz, who has a way cuter set up than I do. My table decorating skills leave a lot to be desired. But what I lack in table design, I make up for in bad ass hat.


I just thought it was nice that the name tent had my name spelled write. Thanks, Wordfest staff, for spelling my name correctly. Not that anyone has ever misspelled it to my knowledge, but there are a lot of repeaty letters in there. Um...when I try to tell people who I am, I often tell them my real name because it's hard to remember I'm not who I am. That's a downside of having a pen name.

So basically, here are photos from the event.


Because I spent a lot of time making those chapter books!

Standing up because folding chair are only fun for so long.

I think he was thinking dirty thoughts. That's just the look on his face.

Random authors, anyone?

I take after my dad (eyes closed in a photo) and my grandma (who loved hats).
Um, it was a poor day for sales which we blame on lack of signage/advertising. Which is sad, but it got me out of the house and it was all rainy out, so it was something to do. Plus I got to talk to my writer friends, so it wasn't a total bust. I made the effort, right? Points for that.

It's Monday. It's dreary here. Just do your best today, okay?

8 comments:

  1. Sorry it wasn't a hit. I think they just didn't advertise it enough or to the right people. I'm glad we had such good representation though. By the way, I was sitting at Trolley's when you all walked by afterwards. I tried waving to you, but you guys were intent on getting out of the rain. Anyway good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at Trolley's and thought about you. It was subliminal!

      Delete
  2. Thanks to your lovely Mom for the photos....Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally going to write that, and then I forgot. But you're right. Thanks for being part of my fan club!

      Delete
  3. That is a bad ass hat, no question. :)

    The whole event seemed kind of confusing with different events in different venues. It'll be interesting to see what they put together next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were talking about maybe trying the Library Center next year. That would be a lot better.

      Delete
  4. I really wish I could have stopped by for support, but I was helping the hubster and his dad rerun the plumbing under our house. Yes, I would much rather have been at Wordfest. Maybe next year. By the way, I love your little hats. They are indeed bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plumbing is definitely a good excuse to miss the event! Nothing more important that running water.

      Delete