Skip to main content

Stuff That Baffles Me - Please Tell Me That's Not Used


Flea markets are a never-ending source for sh!t that will just make your mind blow up. I don't even have words. I only pray that that chamber pot has never been used.

Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the show! Tonight, we have special guests Tonya and the Port-a-Potties! Featuring instruments made from things you can use the bathroom in!


And it's for sale, hence the tag! Why, world? I...never mind. I don't want to know.


I had a killer headache starting Friday that hung on like tick until yesterday evening. Thanks, hardening blood vessels in my head. Or, neck muscles so tense you couldn't loosen them with a steamroller. Or whatever causes that. Despite that, I managed to a) find a dress for ORACon and matching earrings. They had a huge sale at J.C. Penney's and I was grabbing dresses left and right, like ooooo, cheap dresses! I can't even remember the last time I actually wore a dress anywhere. I'm doing it, kids. B) Dragged myself to the the ORA meeting, although I was a little late for critique because a) I needed a bacon and egg biscuit from McDonald's, and b) I needed fake Tylenol from Wal-Mart. Nevertheless, I arrived and good things went down. Critique, guest speaker, meeting. You're now looking at the blog of the 2nd year newsletter editor. If only I wasn't terrible at it. Well, it's going better that my own monthly newsletter.

Then I found out I finaled in the Weta contest, although I'm not at liberty to tell you the title of the finaled entry because the final judges are judging. I mean, the chances of them reading this blog are slim, because most people find me through dirty words and obscure things like cake name edits or hanging by your undies. I apparently talk about cake too much. Hmm... Anyway, we're now taking bets--odds on which place I take. In '09 and '11, I received Honorable Mentions. What are your thoughts on how well I do this year? I plan to dominate, but the best laid plans can sometimes wander hither and yon.

Congrats to the other finalists! We will be waiting on seat's edge until the moment the winners are announced. I will look spectacular doing it in my new dress and my bad-ass hat.

I accomplished zero writing, thanks to said headache. Thanks, headache. You dirty little so-and-so. I desperately want to get Wildwood Spring done so I can start The Heckmasters: Eban. Okay, so I can continue Eban's story. It does have a beginning, but I'm not very far into it. But we're saving that for NaNoWriMo. Still, it'd be nice to have Wildwood Spring done before then, wouldn't it? Yes, yes, it would.

Mmmkay, that's all I've got. Go run around and do Monday things, kids.

Comments