Friday, September 6, 2013

The Friday Five - I'm Rambling Now

It was a short week, and I got nothin' for you, kids. I feel the same way as every other writer I know: I'm tired, I'm cranky, I'm ready for something to give, and I'm so distracted, I'm not getting a whole lot done. And it's annoying.

I'm halfway flitter-jibbed by the fact that it's nearly fall and I'm not ready. The weather is mood swinging big time right now, one day chilly all day, especially if you happen to be in the shade, one day hotter than Hades' South 40. I don't know if the rest of you sense shifts in weather (I'm sure you do), but even the slightest hint of chill sends me searching for apple cider, an over-sized hoodie, and about five blankets to huddle under until the equinox. Ugh, it's awful. On the upside, I do enjoy looking at all the Halloween decorations, so there's that. It takes a tiny bit of sting out of the stupid short days and cold air.

I have yet to purchase a new shirt/pants/dress/outfit/clothing of any sort to wear to ORACon. I hope to remedy that tonight by trotting my lovely t'other end to J.C. Penney's. I also have a hair cut planned, because this mop that's taken over my head may attempt to smother me soon. Most days, I let it do whatever it wants. It's time to take back some control. I've forgotten what it's like to have long hair, but hang it all, it's touching my shoulders and it's nice in some ways and weird in others.

I have Katy Perry's Roar stuck in my head. There's your Friday earworm. "You're gonna hear me roar... something about bees and getting knocked down and whatnot. Blah, blah, blah, something, something hero." You're welcome. (She's so bubbly it makes me nauseous. Or I'm just too cynical.)

Maybe part of the reason I'm so frustrated and disgruntled with life is that I've been stuck on the same level of Candy Crush for two months. Level 70 is kicking my tail. I applaud those of you who have mastered this level. I feel like I'm going to be stuck on it forever. You'd think if you lost the same level a hundred times, it would just take pity on you and let you pass. The world is such an unfair place. (One of my greatest problems in life consists of how to beat a computer at matching colored shapes. Meanwhile, the world is in chaos... That's dreadful.)

 I almost feel like I'm just turning into a cranky old person who likes to complain. It's probably time to get back on the chewable vitamins. Or get some exercise or eat a big cookie in a skillet. It's a good thing I'm really looking forward to the conference. At least there's something good coming out of September. I'll be a tired, worn out mess when it's over, but no more so than anyone else, right?

Yeah, I might go seek out that cookie in a skillet and get in some retail therapy. I'm sure that'll soothe my nerves for a little while. You all have any big plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I've been frustrated by the slow progress on my revisions the last few weeks. I thought I would be on to the next set of beta readers by now. But, sigh, I still haven't even fleshed out the last chapter enough to let my betas read it. Back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling frustrated, also. And I dread this winter more than ever before. I know there's nothing I can do about it, but dang it all, seems we have more cold weather than warm anymore. Or maybe my old bones feel the cold more than they used to. I can't get started writing and I'm playing the waiting game with BTH. I'm broke (probably can't go to Flame for the dinner). Not even sure I can pay for the conference. Hey, let's go drink.

    ReplyDelete