Skip to main content

Stuff That Baffles Me - Pumpkin Season

Okay, to be honest, I have nothing to baffle you guys with today. Unless you want me to blow your mind with awesome, because I do have that. It's October, as you hopefully know. That means spooky stuff and pumpkins and candy galore. I love Halloween, I just wish it was at a different time of year. It would be better served in the spring, I think. Weird, I know.

Anyway, there's this:


This pumpkin that is so far beyond awesome!

I actually photographed this in a grocery store last year, but I forgot about it after I did all that hard work to cut out the apples or whatever it was surrounded by. I'm really glad I remembered it this year, because the store clerk who did this is brilliant. It looks like the Day of the Dead skull popping out of a pumpkin. Creepy and cool at the same time.


Well, there's not much happening in other news. I did get my flash drive back finally after losing it at my in-laws' house a couple of weeks ago. It lived outside in the wild overnight and briefly considered becoming one with nature, but I'm thrilled to report that it works just like it always did. I had back ups for most things, but not my word count chart, which was sad. I pulled the pumpkin pic off of it and it did just fine. Yay for flash drive!

I also had a killer headache all weekend, which was just super. My husband had a tooth out, so we basically laid around all day yesterday and did nothing. I started working on a video of pictures of PeeWee, because he's adorable and it's something I've been meaning to do for a while.

NaNoWriMo starts in four days. I have no plan for writing The Heckmasters: Eban and it's starting to freak me out a little. I mean, I usually have some kind of idea where a story is going. Right now, I have a demon-possessed, memory-addled, mysterious-backgrounded heroine and a half-demon doctor who's very bad at hiding secrets. We need some conflict. I intend to have a mostly finished novel by the time the end of November rolls around.

I didn't make more than a few paragraphs' worth of progress on my new historical either. I did get a little editing done on The Siren's Sentinel though. Yeah, I'm still (very slowly) working on that.

It's Monday. It's crazy foggy here. Let's make the best of it.

Comments