Skip to main content

Bizz-ay, Bizz-ay

It's Monday. If you're looking for me, I'm not here. It's a federal holiday, so I got to sleep in. Yay!

I wasn't going to post today, but then I realized I wouldn't be here and I didn't post Friday, so I figured I owed the waves of adoring fans something.

I've been putting out the word to bloggers and reviewers that The Convict and the Cattleman is releasing in January. I gotten a few responses  and dates for January and one two in December. The ebook is already available for pre-order on Kobo and iTunes. It makes me all warm and squishy-feeling thinking about it.

Also, the second book of the Heckmasters is coming along. I haven't looked at my hist-rom in a a while. For shame. Here's a little snippet from The Heckmasters: Eban, just to tantalize you.

 “Dammit, Eban, what did you do?”
Tell's bellow drowned out anything Eban was about to say. He cringed and despite the way Beryl felt, she placed her hand over his folded ones. He looked like a kicked puppy.
Library of Congress
“What did you do?” she whispered.
“Called an angel.”
“That doesn't sound so bad.”
“Either Tell's met Eliakim or the power it took to call him broke another seal on the Pit. I'd better go downstairs.” He stood. “Try to get some rest.” 
“But--”
He'd been about to tell her what was wrong with her, and now he was leaving? He didn't make it to the door before Tell burst through, crossbow in his hands. The shining silver tip of a bolt pointed at Eban's face.
Fear made the fine hairs on Beryl's arms rise.
“Put that away!”
Tell didn't even glance at her. “There's an angel on your doorstep. An angel! It says you brought it here. You swore you wouldn't mess with things you have no idea about.”
Eban didn't back down from the threat of being penetrated by the weapon. “I invoked Eliakim.”
“Well, un-voke him.”

“That's not a word,” Eban said in a flat tone.

Oh, dear. Tell and Eban used to get along so well. Until Eb went crazy and started doing things he has no business messing with. Plot twist. Teehee.

That's all I have for you today. If you're off, feel free to return to bed. If you're working, fear not, I'll rejoin your ranks tomorrow.

Comments