Monday, February 24, 2014

Cars and Editing, Cars and Editing

It's funny how when you don't drive for three weeks how strange it feels to get behind the wheel again. I mentioned before, my car had a lot of issues. Like, fix one thing, something else goes haywire. Literally, my father-in-law was bringing it to our house and a wheel bearing went out after the axle was replaced and the wheel seals in the rear. Surprise! You own a POS. She's back on the road today, hopefully for a while this time. At least it's not making that horrible grinding noise every time I turn and it stops way better than it did. I choose to believe it's all downhill now.

Since I finished Reclaiming Her Heart (that sentence is funny, haha), I've spent a good deal of time editing it. This weekend was no exception. It's amazing how many words I can use in the wrong order, or type twice in a row, or replace with a word that sounds the same, but means something different. If being wrong was an occupation, I'd be a billionaire. Couldn't sleep last night for the pinchy-burn of tendinitis in both wrists. Around 1 am, I finally had to get up and take some Tylenol. Sleep was off-and-on at best even once the pinchy-burn was gone. It's very close to the submission stage and as I make sure I'm following all the guidelines, I get to relive what a lovely feeling it is to submit. It's scary, people. Scary. It's like standing naked in front of your graduating class. I'm glad that never happened in real life. I'm sure I have nothing to worry about, but I worry all the same. I'm good at it, what can I say? As a result of editing, I've gotten very little writing done and what I wrote last night was far from gold. It'll get better, I know it will.

Just a heads up, this week I have not one, not two, but three--yes three--fabulous guest spots for you on the blog. It's a busy week, so keep your eyes peeled to discover new and wonderful books, okay?

I'll have news for you soon concerning The Wrong Brother's Bride, so keep your eyeballs peeled for that too.

It's Monday. You know what that means. Go, be, do.

No comments:

Post a Comment