Skip to main content

Cover Reveal - City of the Gods: The Betrayal by SJ McMillan

City of the Gods: The Betrayal (Book 2)
Release date: March 20, 2014

Blurb:
Centuries ago, Damian was betrayed by his best friend, his fiancé, and the Gods of his civilization. He vowed vengeance against them all. He studied and mastered the dark arts. All he needed after that was patience.

Damian’s ex, Vivian, now feels like her world is crashing down around her. His curse is threatening her brother Tristan’s life. The only way to save him is to trust a stranger who saved her from a fate worse than death.

Marcus had no idea saving Vivian’s life would put him in the middle of an ancient battle between good and evil. All he has to do is figure out which side he’s fighting for.

Excerpt:
“What are you doing?” Vivian screamed.

“You killed Michael. Now, witch, you must pay the price.” Her captor pressed the tip of the knife into the flesh of her throat. Vivian felt a trickle of blood run down to the back of her neck. She closed her eyes and prayed this mess would be over soon. She dared not move, not wanting to cause her own demise. The man leaned down, pressing his lips to her ear.

“The warlock is watching us,” he whispered, then grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to a sitting position. Vivian yelped from the pain the action caused. She glared at his smug little smirk. She wanted to slap him for enjoying his charade a little too much. She knew he really wanted to kill her, but now he had a chance to kill not only a witch, but a warlock as well. Her heart sank knowing that either way she was going to die tonight, either by the hand of her captor or the warlock. If she had any choice in the matter she’d choose her captor over the warlock any day. Fresh tears spilled from her eyes; she was letting Tristan down.

“Please, don’t do this. I have people depending on me, people who need my help,” Vivian whispered. Her heart was breaking as she begged for life. The hold on the knife lessened for a fraction of a second. Vivian looked into the eyes of her captor. The ache in her eyes should have been enough for the man to know she was telling the truth. She felt the warlock watching their exchange very closely. He was already suspicious of them. Her captor tightened his hold on the knife again, cutting a fraction deeper into her throat. Vivian inhaled, closing her eyes and waiting for death to embrace her.

“When you enter the gates of hell, tell them Marcus the witch hunter sent you,” her captor said in a booming voice. Vivian felt the air around her move. The warlock was very close.

About the author:
I live in southwest Missouri with my husband of 15 years and our three children. I work as an administrative assistant during the week. Now I get to add published author to my list of roles I play in life.

Being an author was not my first career choice. In my younger years I wanted to be a dancer, but dance lessons are expensive. I also wanted to be Dolly Parton from The Best Little Whore House in Texas. I could really belt out Itty Bitty Piss Ant Country Place, just ask my parents former neighbors.

After a slew of other interesting job choices, I just couldn’t shake the writing bug I picked up in high school. I started writing poetry and still write a poem whenever inspiration hits me. I also love to read, especially paranormal romances and urban fantasies. The love of reading is what spawned the desire to try my hand as writing a novel of my very own.

I love creating the characters and giving them their own personalities and voices. I have also come to enjoy writing fight scenes. The hubster (the wonderful man that he is) will act them out with me so I know exactly how I need to show it to the audience. Call us crazy if you like, but it’s really fun to act out a scene using a broom handle as a spear and a foam baseball bat as an axe.

Links for City of the Gods: The Descendant (Book 1)


Other Stories available by S.J. McMillan:



Visit S.J. online

Comments

  1. I absolutely loved the first book and the second looks even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment