Friday, March 7, 2014

Playing Ketchup...I Mean Catch Up

I'm here, I'm here. I think.

Things you didn't know about that I did in the last two weeks:
- Sent an MS out the door. Yay!
- Hit 6k on my contemporary romance.
- Got sleeted in with about 5 inches of sleet and about 6 inches of snow on top of that. Our yard is a muddy, icy mess.
- Started a new historical romance. Yeah, yeah, I thought I would take a little break from those for a while. The muse will do what the muse will do.
- #Amplotting the next and last book in the Heckmasters series. I'm 10k in on it from last November, but I kind of don't like the direction it started going in. I love, love, love the very beginning, but it veered wildly off course. Camp NaNoWriMo starts in April, so my goal is to figure out where this thing is really going. Not to mention I really need to fill in the plot holes in the second book. I should be doing that, not writing, but the muse will do...well, you get it.
- I'm also taking on some formatting jobs. I do mostly fiction and will do poetry, shorter works of non-fiction and fiction. I have pretty standard pricing, but you can email me for a quote or if you have questions. I'm totally willing to work with you on pricing. Put something about formatting in the subject line, I'll get back to you.
- I finally got that kink worked out in whatever was going on with the healthcare thingy website. We now have health insurance. I'm sorry if we made your premium go up. That makes me sad. Of course, I can afford anti-depressants now, so I won't be sad for long. Hopefully.
- The Wrong Brother's Bride is officially coming out on April 7, so watch for updates on that!

That's all I can think of, except I'm very, very tired despite three extra days off this week. Oh, and we saw The Lego Movie, which is brilliant, so go see that if you need some serious laughs.

Otherwise, go, be, do, kids.

2 comments:

  1. Love your humorous blog, Allison! Serious too, but humor flies through it. What does MS stand for? manuscript? Glad The Wrong Brother's Bride is coming out soon! jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the randomness of this post...I mean, YOUR LIFE :D

    ReplyDelete