Skip to main content

Officialality

That's not a real word, but I'm pretending to be Billy Shakes today...like a boss. I made that meme just for y'all.

This morning I got the official blurb for Wystan (The Heckmasters, Book 1) in my inbox. I thought I would share it with you since I didn't line up a guest today. Here it is. And it's come out October 21, just in time for Halloween. Perfect!

Certain that an ad for a job in a small New Mexico Territory town is the answer to her prayers, Nebraska schoolteacher Rhia Duke packs her sister into a rickety wagon and heads west.

Except when they reach the near-deserted town, she learns the truth. There is no job, no future, and no welcome in the bleak blue eyes of the handsome sheriff. The minute Rhia’s runaway team thunders into town, Wystan Heckmaster feels the change in the air. One of three sons of a demon who dared love a human, he keeps watch over a Pit guarded by seven seals, and slays any Hellbound demon that attempts to free the master imprisoned within.

With a gut full of regret and a forgotten town filled with reformed demons, Wystan is certain of one thing: he can’t be the man Rhia needs. But when the truth behind Rhia’s flight from Nebraska comes to light, Wystan must open his soul—and pray there’s enough love between them to overcome the darkness rising from the Pit.

Good, no? We have a fantastic blurb wizard at Samhain. Thanks, blurb wizard! In other news, I did the first round of edits on Wystan and sent those off last week. I'm hard at work editing Eban's book to send off to my editor hopefully by the end of this month or beginning of next. I also got done with pre-edits on Reclaiming Her Heart and got those sent off this morning. No new wordage since last Thursday, but at least I got some done then. Some sometimes is better than none all the time. Words of wisdom there, kids. Erm, which means I totally, completely, irreparably bombed at Camp NaNoWriMo, but I've been so busy lately, I can hardly find time to breathe, much less get any writing done. If I never slept, I could get so much done, but my body insists on it. Stupid body.

It's Wednesday, so go do something that makes you happy, because we're on the downhill slide toward the weekend.

Comments

  1. I'm hooked. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blurb! Now get back to work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! And made up words are the best..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment