Monday, June 2, 2014

Getting Back On The Horse

A metaphorical horse, not a real horse. I haven't been on a real horse in years. That's beside the point.

In the last couple of months, I haven't do a lot of writing. I haven't done a lot of blogging either, which you'll have noticed. It's hard to keep up with a blog that more-or-less is supposed to chronicle my writing when I'm not really doing any.

I set out to do Camp NaNoWriMo in April, but I couldn't get interested. I was sort of almost working on a contemporary, but I saw no reason to make myself keep going. I wrote and rewrote some historical, which still isn't progressing so great. Nothing I've written this year is over 20k and that's pathetic for me.

Today is the second of June, and now I'm attempting JuNowWriMo. I'm kicking it off with the last book in the Heckmasters series, Tell and Sylvie's story. I've had trouble with this, maybe because in the first two books, Sylvie's pretty young, just 12 when they first arrive in Berner, and then turning 13 in the second book. Now she's 20, which means a pretty significant jump in time. She's going to have to go from being a somewhat annoying, headstrong child to a likable heroine. Even worse, Tell's as much a kid as she is with his carefree attitude, so he has some growing up to do too. God willing, I will see June through with an almost complete Heckmaster novel. Pray for me.

Today is release day for not one, but two of my good friends, so I have to say nice things about them and tell you what lovely, fantastic people they are. In fact, T. Sue VerSteeg will be here in a couple of days with a guest blog.

Her book is called My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding. You can read all about it on her blog and don't forget to come back when she makes an appearance here, okay?

And Lisa Medley's book, Reap and Redeem is out as a stand-alone today. You might remember from before, it was in a box set. Well now you can read it all by itself. Read about it on her blog.

Congratulations, ladies and all the success in the world to you!

Now, I've gotta go make some word count.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see more of that contemporary!

    ReplyDelete