Skip to main content

Big Damn News Time

Yeah. It's that time again.

Big Damn News time.


This isn't the last good news I have for you for the year, but it's pretty exciting. As you know, from September to about the third week of November, I was eyeballs deep in writing on a novel I never dreamed I'd attempt. I love, love historical romances. There aren't many sub-genres I don't pick up. However, I can honestly say, I don't believe I've ever read a Viking romance before. Not that I recall anyway.

So writing one...that required research. It was fun. I do enjoy my research, I love uncovering new facts about old timey times. Well, they're not new to everyone, but they're new to me and I think it's fun to have all this random knowledge on hand.

Funner still to apply it to a novel. The one thing that always blows my mind about writing a historical novel is how everyone seems to assume that because it's history, it's going to bog a story down. Me, I'm a lover of the character driven story, so it matters more to me that the characters take center stage amid history.

Hella and Ealasaid did that for me. They brought a time I was only slightly familiar with to life. I was so excited that this kind of story took me for a ride.

And I'm equally as excited to tell you that Her Heart's Surrender has been accepted at Three Worlds Press for publication next year. Better still, I have the opportunity to work with an editor I love to make the book as perfect as possible. It's a great thing to get on board with editors and other authors you know and have worked with.

So early Christmas present to me! Contract #7 is signed, sealed, delivered.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! And I remain jelly at the speed at which you can write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Vikings! Cool! It's hard to even keep up with all the great things happening for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment