Skip to main content

Endings & Beginnings

It's hard to believe we're already halfway through April. I'm not sure what happened. Probably a lot of excitement last week made it go by really fast.

Not to mention my rush to finish Tell, because I was at that way too long. It was hard, there's no denying. I'm going to miss my Heckmasters when the editing is all done. For now, I've got the book and the synopsis written and I plan to let it stew for about another week before I look at it again. Then, barring changes, away it will go. I'm pretty happy with it (actually, I think it's sheer genius). Let's hope my editor likes it too.

Also, final steps are underway to bring Wildwood Spring back to Kindle and (finally) to print. I'll let you know what that happens. Just a reminder, it was nominated for an award under the Historical: Post Medieval category and I need YOUR vote. There are a lot of really good authors in the same category, so I don't expect to win, but I'd love your support, because Wildwood Spring is a special, fun romance. So don't forget on Monday morning to visit this page and vote for Wildwood Spring by Allison Merritt. I made a pretty graphic so you'll be sure to take notice and remember. Your help means the world to me! If you haven't read the excellent review Wildwood Spring got from InD'Tale magazine, it's here.


And I'm really happy with the way my current historical WIP is going. Since I joined the Savvy Author's boot camp, I'm up to 13000 words. I've been trying to do about 800 to 1000 a day, but sometimes that doesn't happen. I was a little stunned when I reached 13k, because I was like, wow, this is going insanely fast.

What with getting Tell finished, I also have to think about a couple of sooper sekrit projects that will come out this fall. Yes, more fantastic goodness from yours truly this fall, which will be here before we know it at the rate the year is flying by. Also hard to believe, but true. I should be ready to start writing on one or the other in the next couple of weeks. They both have due dates in November. I should be well done before then and with a lot of luck, the WIP I've got going now will be done by the end of May.

And another spot of good news: The weekend is almost here. Patience, kids. We'll get there.

UPDATE: Amazon is super fast today and Wildwood Spring is now L-I-V-E! You can check it out here. For a mere $2.99, you can immerse yourself in a Beauty and the Beast-esque tale full of danger, desire, mystery, and a little Wildwood magic.

Comments