Skip to main content

Progress = Relief

At Savvy Author's Bootcamp, no one is really going to scream at me if I don't write. I like to pretend they are, though. So here we are, April 2, and I've started a new historical romance. I'm suffering from some guilt because I should finish the one I started last year. Like Tell, this has gone on way too long and it's downright pitiful.

To that negative voice, I say, shut your cakehole. I have a fresh new idea, 61 days to write 50,000 words (as opposed to Camp NaNo where I'm pounding out a sometimes strenuous 1,667 to make 50k in a month), and so far it's going really great. Normally when I start a new book, I sit down and write the first 2000-3000 words. This time, I wrote about 1100, didn't finish the scene, and said, okay, now I've got to work on Tell. Today, I talked myself into writing another 900 so I'd be at 2000 and it's time to work on Tell. There's no rush, no fuss, I'm just going at this with a determined pace. I'll probably fail and then the negative voice will scream at me, you spent $10 on a two-month novel writing thingy to FAIL?! You can see why I wouldn't want that to happen.

So, 2k on my all new western historical romance. One thousand words closer to finishing Tell. Progress. (Also, we're just five days away from the Eban (The Heckmasters Book 2) release! Woohoo!)

Get on up now! Photo credit: Svilen Milev

Comments