Skip to main content

Rememberlutions 2015

Last year I saw an article on Buzzfeed about rememberlutions jars. Instead of making a resolution for the new year, you write down all the good things that happen throughout and place them in a jar to look at when the year ends.



I did mine for all my writing stuff. It's a good thing, because my memory is not cooperating as I try to recap the year. It's all, let's remember the last five minutes in vague detail and panic about how we have a car payment now! Thanks, brain. My Facebook feed is little help because it's mostly how my hair changed in the last six months (a lot).

I made my rememberlutions jar out of a mason jar I bought at Michael's, some of that color-your-own jar paint, some glitter nail polish and some crap velum stickers that obviously peeled. Some of the 'memberlutions stuck at the bottom because for some reason, the paint remains sticky down there.
My hand doesn't fit in the hole, so getting them out was a trick. #CraftFail



So let's look back at 2015 as a writer. (In no particular order):



-Published Wildwood Spring
-Wystan (The Heckmasters) received Book of the Month at Long and Short Reviews
-Finished Love Won't Run - first historical since Reclaiming Her Heart (This is a big deal.)
-Wildwood Spring nominated for RONE Award
-Finished Marry Me Again, Cowboy for Cowboys Forever Box Set
-Appearance on Authors in the Round webcast
-Cowboys Forever came out November 30 and broke the top 100 during pre-order
-Finaled in the Weta Nichols Writing Contest with Lawless
-Went to Use Your Words with The Treasure Hunter's Lady
-Books published this year: Eban (The Heckmasters, Book 2), Her Heart's Surrender, Wildwood Spring
-Made #1 in Kindle ebooks folklore category with Once Upon A Regency
-Finished Her Heart's Desire
-Finished A Duke Worth His Salt (a Regency novella)
-Asked for and regained the rights to Wildwood Spring. New cover, blurb, tagline. Formatted for ebook, hired designer for print (There's a little heart after this one. I was really happy.)
-Finished and contracted Tell (The Heckmasters, Book 3)with Samhain for March 2016 release
-Set up book signing in Eureka Springs
-Won 2nd place with Lawless at the Weta Nichols Writing Contest/ORAcon
-Finished Good Ride, Cowboy two weeks early
-Promo in Russellville, AR! Like a celeb!
-Got Love Won't Run back from Kensington

I'm really proud of the things I accomplished this year. Lots of good things happened. Here's looking forward to seeing what else I can accomplish in 2016.

Be safe out there, y'all. Happy New Year.

Comments

  1. Told you that you could do it. Love you, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best post ever! I think I mentioned I should do this last year. I didn't. Good job! *skips off to find a jar to bedazzle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't find my jar, did I have one? Dang getting old sucks, now if I could just find the eggs I bought Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find my jar, did I have one? Dang getting old sucks, now if I could just find the eggs I bought Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't find my jar, did I have one? Dang getting old sucks, now if I could just find the eggs I bought Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing is a great field to master, from telling the truth to storytelling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment