Skip to main content

The Good, The Bad, & The Alternative Plan

A couple of things happened last week. Some of them were the bomb and others were more like a dropped bomb.

First, the good, because it's awesome.

Once Upon A Regency: Timeless Tales & Fables released. It did exceptionally well on release day.

America

UK

Australia
I also made #71 in Amazon's top 100 authors. Very cool, as that has never happened before. You can buy Once Upon A Regency at these fine e-retailers:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1kUnFkx
iTunes: hyperurl.co/m0tbhm
Kobo: https://goo.gl/8etEbC
B&N: http://goo.gl/S295aT

I believe the price is going up after Valentine's Day, so grab it quick while it's still 99 cents.

Now for the not-so-good.

Sometimes people have dreams and good intentions. And then life bites you on the ass and your plans deflate, because life isn't very nice sometimes.

A couple of months ago, I finished Her Heart's Desire, my second Viking book. I held off sending it to my editor because the Regency set was comning out and Tell is coming out in March. I didn't want a repeat of everything coming out at once like last year. It was a tad stressful.

I planned to send it to her next month when we'd probably be looking at a May or June release. On Saturday, there was a notice from the publisher. The house is closing doors. I feel a little bit like I might be a bad luck charm because this is the third time I've had this happen. It's hard to run a small publishing house, which is really sad, because those are the ones I enjoy working for. So I'm getting the rights back to Her Heart's Surrender at the end of this month.

That, obviously, means I need a new cover. Which is always a pain in the ass, because I stink at figuring out what I want for covers. And do you know how hard it is to find a Viking-ish looking couple? It's not the easiest thing ever.

I feel rotten for the house's owner, because she was very helpful and easy to work with. I feel bad for me because basically, the hard part was over. On the upside, I have an edited MS to use, which is more than some houses leave you with (on a side note, I read an article about how they can't stop you from using an edited MS because you did the work, but that's not an issue here, thank God).

I thought I took the news of the house closing really well. Except then without realizing it, I started pacing. I couldn't sit still. I don't think anyone else noticed, but I was secretly a little wracked with worry. I don't know why. I land on my feet more often than not.

Anyway, it's no big deal. It's just a new cover and a few interior changes. The plan is still to go ahead with Her Heart's Desire. My awesome, amazing editor already said, don't worry, I'll help you with it. 

We're good.

Comments

  1. This is just another opportunity for awesomeness :) You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have met a lot of great people to help you with your writing. They are behind you and helping you because you are good at what you write. Journey on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment