Skip to main content

Best Laid Plans

My intentions to begin blogging again kind of fell by the wayside. Naturally, because this is me we're talking about. I have a PhD in procrastination. But, here I am, trying again.

VisionCon is coming up. It begins February 24 and goes to the 26th. I. Am. So. Excited. I have boxes of The Guardian Chronicles ready to go. Do I have Lawless yet? Erm...well, I was going through the MS again the other day after I got the files reviewed and I found some stuff that needed to be changed. This is about the fourth time I've uploaded that file. I think I'm finally finished now. I pray to be finished because this is the most I've messed with a MS in I don't know how long. I've got to get my rear in gear because the cover reveal is February 8th. Be there.

I'm semi-hard at work on a third Viking novel. Erik Agmar has been whispering in my ear for some time that he would like the chance to be the hero. So...I basically started writing his book and I yanked the rug out from under him. I'm tearing him down right from the start so I can build him into something better. No breaks for Erik.

I'm also less semi-hard at work on a cowboy novella for a set coming out in the summer. I have about 11,000 words down. My crit partner says it's going good. I'm enjoying writing it, so yay. Plus I've got a Victorian romance to plot for a late summer release. I have plans. It's nice.

I also have a week of vacation time coming up that I was absolutely dying for. Yeah, right at the end of winter. I don't know how I'll drag myself back to work after lazing about for so long. I've taken to writing late at night (which was my thing back when I was a teenager on summer breaks). I spent a lot of late nights on The Convict and the Cattleman too, but these days I find myself yawning at 11 pm unless I know I don't have work the next day. Then my stamina stays up, which is how I got started writing Erik's book. Well, that and pirates. I could not get enough Black Sails, and all the violence and angry pirates made me think about Vikings, so here I am again. Seems to be a trend, writing these Vikings during the winter months.

I'll (try to) keep you updated on cowboys and Vikings. On covers and excerpts and all the good stuff. Because you want it, don't you? Yeah. You do.

Comments

  1. What are The Guardian Chronicles?!?!?! How the heck have I missed out on that? Also, Visioncon is gonna rock our faces off!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment