Friday, February 24, 2017

Book Feature & Interview - She Came With the Tide by Viviana McKade

Hey, y'all. I love box sets and today I've got a super fun one for you to look at! With rock stars! Check out this interview and feature from one of the book in the set--She Came With the Tide by Viviana McKade.


1)      Can you tell us your name?
Andrea Turner. (She smiles, lowers her eyes before looking up at me again with the cutest grin ever.)  Soon to be Andrea Axelsson.

2)     
Have you ever had a nickname?

Never until Erik. He calls me Pixie, because of my haircut.

3)      What is your profession?
I’m studying early childhood education. I’d love to have my day-care center one day.

4)      After all you’ve been through in your life, which we know is some, what are your thoughts on love.
Love is Erik. The life we have. (Her voice hardens a bit, her eyes lose that soft light.)  For may years I thought love and possession were the same thing. Now I know better.

5)      What would you change about yourself?
I’d love to get rid of some of this shyness, (she says, as she fiddles with the cuff of her long sleeve t-shirt.) But I’m getting used to being with people, speaking up. 
I’m sure Erik helps with it.  God, (she chuckles). He’s like a shock therapy.

6)      Is there anything you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done?
That list is so long! But I’m definitely catching up with it. I’m learning to rock climbing, for one. Planning some paragliding. 

7)      How is the perfect night out for you?
Dancing. The loud music, the crowd, I love it.
Even if there’s lots of people? Because of that. They are there, but I don’t have to talk with them. Not all of them, at least. I enjoy crowded places. And Erik is a great dancer.

8)      What would you change about Erik?
He’s impulsive, and sometimes that gets him into trouble. No major things, but trouble nonetheless. I’d love for him to slow down a bit.

9)      What do you like about him?
(She chuckles again.) He’s impulsive. And wild. And nothing is too much or too far away for him. I hope some of that attitude will stick on me.

10)  If you were an animal, or a shifter, what would you be?
Probably a bird of some sort. Hence the future paragliding. There’s freedom in the sky.

11)  Your obituary would be …
She died free and in love.

12)  What would you do if:
-  -  someone tried to blackmail you. How easy or difficult would it be?
   Wow. It would be the coolest thing, being someone who has something to be blackmailed for! I have literally nothing to hide.

-  - You wake up to find a poisonous spider on your pillow next to your head?
I I have no trouble with spiders, and no knowledge about which ones are poisonous. So I probably just swap it away.

-  -  Someone told you that you’re destined to fulfill a great prophecy.
Oh, no, please. I had trouble enough as it is, I just want to keep living my life now. But thank you for the offer.

She Came With the Tide ~

He’s impulsive, fearless, and fun loving.
Erik Axelsson, Ax, had it all: talent, fame, money. He’d lived the rock & roll life fully and with gusto until it wasn’t fun anymore. Without a second thought, he’d traded the spotlight with the Floridian sun, and the guitar with a surfboard. Young, rich, and free from anything - what more he could need?

She’s innocent, scared, and in trouble.  
Andrea Smith escaped the life imposed to her when her parents joined a cult. After years on the run, hunger pushed her to accept a stranger’s offer for breakfast. She had no clue her life changed with that simple ‘yes’. 

But the past catches up with her, forcing Andrea to choose what person she wants to be: the scared cult member that obeyed in silence, or the new woman Erik made blossom. 


Tag Line: She had no clue her life changed with that simple ‘yes’


Excerpt:
Erik brushed his palm on his prickling shoulders as the angry sun hit, leaving only salt where ocean drops had been a few minutes before. He revered in that roasting pleasure, in the blues of the sky and water surrounding him. Entertained by his unplanned guest, he pulled his dripping hair into a messy bun.
It had been a good day for surfing, with waves still crashing on the shoreline. The rumble must have hidden the croaky zip of the tent’s zipper because when he looked down at the entrance, he found two huge brown eyes staring at him.
The echo of lifetimes ago, distant, feeble, poked at him. The feeling dwelling into his heart after his parents had died, now lingered on her delicate features. Fear.
The girl took a breath, clenched her teeth and crawled out. She rose on all of her five feet five or so. “Who–” she cleared her throat. “Who are you?”
Wasn’t that a question he wasn’t used to? Everybody knew Ax and the Hurricanes. He’d spent ten years of his life on everybody’s mouth, eyes and above all, ears. Newspapers. TV. Concerts. Surprise for the question shadowed the male appreciation of the woman in front of him. For now. He’ll so be back at that.
“I think the question is, who are you?” he retorted, crossing his arms over his chest.
“A camper.”
“Well, camper, your tent is on my property, in case you missed that,” he said pointing at the Private Property notice on the berm not far from her den. He had to invest some money into a proper sign, he thought when he eyed the rusty, barely visible sign. “My house’s back there, anyway.”
She turned around, took those details in. “Oh.”
Erik used that time to make some math. A girl, alone, in an old tent. The black bag he’d peeked to with clothes in it. That look in her eyes. He sighed. “You hungry?”
She nodded.
“Let’s go.”
He took his surfboard and turned to go. “What?” he asked when she didn’t move.
“I–I don’t know you.”
Yeah, okay, back to that. She either had lived on the moon for the past fifteen years or was bullshitting him. He would give her the benefit of the doubt because she was hot, and keep Sheriff Charlie on speed dial for a while. He turned around. “I’m Erik Axelsson.”
He waited for his name to dawn on her. Nothing. Seriously?
“I’m Andrea Smith.”
“All right, Andrea Smith. I’m hungry, covered in sand, and the sun is cooking my brain. I’m going in, you do as you please.”

Get it at: Amazon

Find Viviana:
On my website and blog  www.viviana-mackade.com

On FB
                   



No comments:

Post a Comment