Skip to main content

A Beast of a Deal

It probably doesn't come as any surprise that Beauty and the Beast is my all-time favorite, hands-down, no contest fairy tale. What's not to love? Smart heroine, cranky hero, both transformed by the power of love. 

Why would I fight the urge to write a novel based on that fairy tale? Well, I wouldn't because that would be silly. However, to make a realistic version, I had to make some tweaks. There can't be any singing candlesticks in a historical novel. Although that would make a great paranormal. But I didn't go there.

Instead, I chose to yank that puppy out of France and set it in a place that's near and dear to me: Eureka Springs, AR. Instead of a rose, our heroine needs water. She's not thirsty, I promise. She needs it because Eureka Springs has long been noted for its many springs and the healing quality of these mineral-infused waters. She doesn't want it for herself. Not to make herself beautiful or relaxed or whatever the hundreds of excuses people flocked to Eureka Springs for. She needs it for her dying mother.

It was fun incorporating part of Eureka Spring's history into a romance novel. If you've ever been, you know that it is in fact a romance destination. It's also home to the largest collection of Victorian homes in the US. It's a very unique, magical place.

In honor of everything I love about Beauty and the Beast (yes, I saw the new one and while I didn't like it as much as the 1991 cartoon, I did like it a lot) and the magical power of Eureka Springs, I'm offering Wildwood Spring FREE for everyone in the Amazon-verse.

It's always free on KU, but from today until Tuesday, anyone with access to Amazon can get it free.


Enjoy!

Comments